Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shaking when i'm high

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PerkaLater, Oct 30, 2012.

1. I've been smoking for 3 years now. I recently took a break from weed though, smoking only once a month or so compared to 3-4 times a day 5 months ago. like 75% of the time when i smoke now i shake uncontrollably, like muscle spasms basically and i just feel super stoned. This never used to happen to me, when i smoked i would be chill and relaxed, not shaking,twitching, and anxious. how can i stop this? has anyone else had this happen to them, i love weed and this sucks. :/

2. Sounds like a panic attack.

3. I get kindve shakey sometimes when I get baked...I don't really think anything of it.

I normally notice when I just get too work that my legs will kindve twitch....I don't know why :p

4. i've experienced the shaking thing a few times. i think it's related to anxiety or fatigue. if it were me, this is what i'd try: not smoking for a couple days, take a little time off from whatever you do, get plenty of sleep, eat plenty of food and don't make any plans. the morning of the last day, as soon as you wake up, spark one and see how you feel. also, make sure you're not smoking as hard as you did back when you smoked 3 to 4 times a day. your tolerance is probably not what it was back then. you might just be smoking yourself silly.

5. never heard of that. But if I started shaking when I smoke I would not smoke. And as far as your tolerance being low I doubt thats it as I regularly take a year off at a time because of my job and Ive never started shaking.

6. It might be schizophrenia. Schizophrenia when you go into panic attacks, anxiety related, you start to get the chills sort of like when you get out of the shower... except it doesnt stop. This sucks, expecially when your driving, it makes you look like an idiot shaking and shit. OR marijuana is bringing out tourettes or something/

7. Happens to me too. Can be attributed to hunger and low blood sugar.

8. Catatonic-type schizophrenia is characterized by disturbances of movement. People with catatonic-type schizophrenia may keep themselves completely immobile or move all over the place. They may not say anything for hours, or they may repeat anything you say or do senselessly. Either way, the behavior is putting these people at high risk because it impairs their ability to take care of themselves.

You try to hold yourself from twitching your legs therefore you try to be a statue, but you're not a statue so you move your leg

9. First of all, don't listen to this panic attack/ low blood sugar/ schizophrenia bullshit. Second of all it most definitely is tolerance related, it's simply occuring because you're probably smoking as hard as you used to but way less often. In which case you're just getting really effed up every time you toke. I myself get shakes when I'm REALLY baked and have seen others do the same. So maybe just smoke less and enjoy :bongin:

10. Happens to me too, its usally hits in waves of euphria so i dont really have a problem with it, im assuming its because of low tolerance lol

11. [quote name='"Lerf"']It might be schizophrenia. Schizophrenia when you go into panic attacks, anxiety related, you start to get the chills sort of like when you get out of the shower... except it doesnt stop. This sucks, expecially when your driving, it makes you look like an idiot shaking and shit. OR marijuana is bringing out tourettes or something/[/quote]

Schizophrenia? Are you kidding me? Sorry bro, millions of people get panic attacks/anxiety without EVER smoking cannabis.

Please think before you say something this stupid.

Cheers :smoke:

12. just as an update now i've smoked like 5 times since then and it's been getting better and better. i'll get that little speedy heartbeat shake feeling for like a couple minutes then i'm fine. i think part of it has to do with my neck being super stiff and my muscles and stuff, i'm going to a physical therapist soon to get that sorted out. thanks for the help.

13. Try a glass of orange juice about 15 minutes before toking. Smoking can lower your blood sugar and that can cause shakiness.

14. thanks dude i'll try that.

15. yeah i twitch too. it's annoying, a bit, but i just forget about it and enjoy myself. i think it has to do with with a combination of blood sugar and being tired. drink a glass of juice or eat a candy. or nap before you smoke and do a nap wake and bake. i love doing that.

16. prolly a panic attack, try smoking a bit less it may help

17. You will never understand unless you develop it. Anxiety is the root cause of schizophrenia. When you begin to have a schizophrenia episode it is because you are thinking/worrying (Anxiety) about something and that something sparks something that scares you or makes you uncomftorable sending you into an anxiety/panic attack mode which makes you shake and unable to control your body in it's normal relaxed state. So much information is processed by schizophrenic. For example, a dog barking upstairs from your neighbor. Normal people will ignore that, schizophrenics will think about the dog barking for at least a second and then put it to rest. So if you have these anxiety/shakes attacks in loud places [[Standing in line at a restaurant during a busy time, standing in line in any noisy place, trying to ignore conversations that don't involve you]] you might and should consider schizophrenia. Your brain can't process all the voices talking and noisy beeping resturant conditions or trying to ignore other peoples conversations while at the same time trying to listen so it overloads and you panic.:smoking:?

18. had the shakes in class once while trying to write a essay on the keyboard.....it was then followed up with me not feeling my legs and shouting out "I CANT WALK" and everyone looking and he me and the teacher thinking i needed a doctor........ loool good times :)

19. Shaking from being stoned is probably a good sign ;D

20. #20 camram, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
    You got sources? You are basically saying anyone with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and/or Panic is a schizophrenic. I have GAD and Panic and I'm pretty sure I've seen enough docs to know I am not schizophrenic.

And if all you are saying is that anxiety is the root cause of Schizophrenia, what do you say to those whose anxiety is helped by cannabis?