shaking jar when burping?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mxracer0, Sep 4, 2009.

1. haha sorry if this is a noob question but whenever i get to the curing process i was wondering if when you burp the jars if i should like shake it around to get some of the bottom buds more to the top?! if you know what im saying..ive never seen this mentioned anywhere but was curious because i would think that just opening the jar lids wouldnt be enough.. but what do i know! ha thanks ahead of time

2. Hey ;-))
    I always turn jars upside down (easy). Then take a pen or what ever, break up the buds lightly( they always in a stickie clump). Let sit open 5-15 min.. Do this 3 times a day for 5days or so, then only twice a day for a week. Then if all looks good and smell s great Then once a day the next week. Plus smoke some after 1st wk to help judge things;-))))))
    Peace ^ Netnut

3. Every Other day is fine.

4. Usually when I burp the jars I empty them out and let the bud get some 'fresh air' for about 5 minutes, then pack it all back in. I don't just open the jar, blow in it and close it. Not sure which is better, but I read here that they should get some exposure to fresh air so I do it. Works for me, YMMV

5. don't over-fill your curing containers, i use jars. keep them in a cool, dry, dark place. moisture, light and heat are not friends of bud. i open my jars 3x a day for 15 minutes. i turn them over a few times to move them around so they don't constantly stay stuck to each other. do this for a month or so and they'll be awesome! you have to be careful to not let them sit w/o breathing. you need to let the gasses/moisture out. you'd be surprised at how quickly mold can set in...

6. thanks netnut!! yeaa ill try that schedule out and see how things play out, do you hang dry, then brown bag, thenn jars? and after like 2 weeks or so of burping you can then leave them in the jars without burping anymore right?!

thats a good point, ill probably give that a shot because i'd definately want all the buds gettin some fresh air, not just the top haha. but thanks man!

yeah my biggest fear is mold but im trying to get as muchhh info as possible so i do not encounter that little son of a bitch:) haha

and is this place fine to dry? its my only option and the open end, i have some shingles that ill nail to the board to make somewhat of a door/light block. + i'm going to get a battery powered fan to put in there as well.
    View attachment 262784

7. #7 netnut, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    "thanks netnut!! yeaa ill try that schedule out and see how things play out, do you hang dry, then brown bag, thenn jars? and after like 2 weeks or so of burping you can then leave them in the jars without burping anymore right?!"
    I skip the brown bag thing. Dry in tall, narrow box,(Antec computer case box;-)).new build hehe.) have 3 strings running length of box, little flaps cut all 4 corners at end of box(bottom), Small fan outside , aimed at flap, change fan hole ea day. Can adjust dry time by fan location, flaps or leave top open a little more or less. Also put wire up in grow box if need. ;-)).
    Put box, in grow box, if grow box not needed(smells)taken care of by charcoal filter. Jars too, When open have a strong smell wife says, Goood to me!lemon mmm good!!

I'm into my jars e-nuff long term storage not a prob. LOL
    Small time here 4-6 plants tops, 400 watt.
    <Peace> Netnut

8. I use a old wooden pump house that looks alot like your wooden box lol and it works fine

9. yeahh i was hearing quite a bit of people saying they skip the brown bag, but some do just to be safe..but thats good to know! and im not sureee im gonna be able to set up that kind of drying mechanism haha ill have to deal with my old chicken coop but thanks for tha help man

haha good shit cheif! do you put a fan in there? or would you suggest doin it for mine?? cuz it doesnt get much wind through there but if i leave open that end it can be some air flow..idk what do you think master lol