Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shake, resin & stems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BoogerSoap!!!!!, Jun 17, 2010.

1. so what do you do with them?
    do you ever smoke them when you're low on ganja?
    Personally, if you're out of nugs, i wouldn't hesitate to pack a bowl of stems 'n' shake, with a few decent resin hoots afterwards. Cause i mean hey, at the end of the day a high is a high, and it's better than nothing :p

2. make iso hash and smoke some hash.

3. I dont mind resin at all. It gets you pretty ripped.
    My bongs pretty full of it as well, I reckon I got about 5 cones worth.

Stems on the other hand...meh, I may as well just smoke Damiana.

4. Leaves- I dry them, blenderize them, and use them in my "magic muffins" - my hubby gets much better pain relief from edibles. I enjoy the buzz from them. :D I add about 1/3 "green flour" to every 1 cup whole wheat flour.

In the MMJ section, I just posted a long article about a doctor who recommends juicing your cannabis leaves. Supposed to be super-good for you. Also juicing leaves you with a compact, virtually unidentifible mass of green pulp. No more trash day worries!

Stems- Dump them into good vodka, let sit a few weeks, remove, then replace the stems as many times as you like. Then, either make some mixed drinks, or evaporate it down and put it on some very dry cannabis to make some "Super-grass". Let it evaporate the rest of the way and use. :smoke: (Old hippie trick)

Another way to handle stems is to make canna-oil. Put chopped or blenderized stems into a container, fill with oil. Set the container into a crock pot with water and let it sit for a few hours to gently cook whatever THC is there into the oil. Let it cool, then strain out the stems. Use the oil when you make your pot brownies for a bit more kick! ;)

Resin- yes, I have, and I hope I never have to again! (I'm a medical user, so I HAVE to have my daily medication) I was thinking about it one night and came up with this- THC is not water soluble. Grind up the resin and put it in hot water. Let sit, then remove the yucky water (with at least some of the nasties in it) and toss. What is left when dry should be a tad better to use. But still.... :p

I usually just stay in the medical section, but now and then I venture out. If you would like to have you mind blown (in a nice way) just click the MMJ Studies link in my sig! I promise it will be quite an educational, but enjoyable experience! :eek:

Granny :wave:

5. I love to top my bowls with resin and shake but stems just suck unless your making iso hash.

6. what do you mean when you refer to 'shake'?
    and guys what exactly is resin? i have heard it used a lot but im not actually sure what it is?
    thanks

happy toking :bongin:

7. #7 Autologic010, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010

Shake:I through it in my grinder, and I smoke it

Resin: I through that out the window, ew

Stems: I save them for....IDK when i have too much ill think of something to do with them.

Edit: Wow, I really don't know what I'm doing when stoned.

THROW? LOL

8. Shake is what breaks off of nugs, all the little broken up bits of weed in your baggies you get.

Resin is nasty stuff, dont smoke it. its terrible for you. (but its the residue from smoking marijuana)

You know what stems are though, thats good :laughing:

9. i do smoke the shake, and sometimes the stems if im really desperate and i grind them up tiny.
    i still dont quite grasp the concept of resin though, is it just the burnt, black, sticky shut left on the cone after the hit?

10. I roll it all into a nice J. I hate wasting any tiny amount of plant. I try to throw in a reasonable amount of good grass as well, to make it smokeable.

11. I smoke it all straight.

12. Uhhh, idk how resin build up with blunts / joints work, but on a bowl, yeah thats what it is.

13. Resin is a tar like substance that is left over on surfaces that come in contact with smoke from weed. If you ever look at somebody's bowl you'll see that shit all caked inside their bowl or bong. It's Lighter residue+Burnt Weed+ash+dirt & pocket lint:eek: (that is, if you carry your bowl in your pocket like some people do). If you are really desperate you can scrape it off of the sides into a lump and smoke it but it tastes HORRIBLE and it's hella bad for you.

14. ew. thats disgusting. i mean stems are one thing, but that? ahh well ill try it one time and one time only. and i dont know about you, but the other day i washed out my cone piece because it was clogged with all the smoked weed that went down the stem, im guessing thats not smokable?

:smoke:

15. I wouldnt smoke stems either, and NO SEEDS DJF:LKSDJF fucking hate those suprise bombs in my friends bowls.

16. I have NEVER had a problem with a seed or stem. I grind it all up. No popping. No headache. No bad taste. No sick feeling. I honestly don't see why people complain about stems and seeds. My group doesn't have any issues with them.

17. I have some whipped hash oil (wax) that's really solid. Whenever I get a bag I put all of the bud into my stash jar and then break off a small ball of the wax and put that into the bag. I reseal the baggy, and then aggitate it, and the wax picks up most (if not all) of the shake.

Whenever I clean my piece, I let it soak in ISO for a while (1.5 gal bucket). This helps break down the resin on the inside, so it's less scrubbing. The ISO I soak my piece in I keep and filter and make a hash-like evaporation out of it. There is a suprising amount of crap in the filter and the amount of smokable hash-resin isn't really all that much, but I try to use every possible bit that I can. Having the hash-resin is better than facing a dry-spell in my opinion.

I save stems/trimmings for QWISO.

18. I get terrible headaches from smoking seeds, guess they effect everyone differently.

19. I didn't think of how it can affect people differently. lol

20. Stems i usually just throw away if im outside, or ill just keep them if im inside. I never do anything with them though. I never scrape my bong because res is just gross, ill just clean my bong. The resiny roach ill smoke in my bong though. And shake ill top off bowls with it or roll J's