Shade

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by upinthesky, May 30, 2011.

1. So everyone always says that plants need direct sunlight to grow right? What would happen if someone tried to grow a plant somewhere extremely shady. Barely any sunlight at all. probably around an hour or less a day. Tall redwood trees all around. Would the plant produce any buds at all? Would the yield just be much smaller?

2. from what ive read on here plants need a minimum of 5-6 hours of DIRECT sunlight a day.

3. look at the ground. weed is a weed! it will grow about as big as the local vegitation. sure, it will to better with more sunlight, but so will all plants. direct sunlight is actually alot less important than people make it out to be. soil+water+ambient light is all a plant truely needs.

4. true but if you want the best out of your plants then they should get direct sunlight

5. So would it be worth planting a clone in a shady spot? if it was in basically complete shade, would it yield any bud? Even if its schwag, or shitty bud, just want to know if it would yield any. there are sunny spots a few feet away, but they are too out in the open and would be easily seen.

6. Complete shade isn't the best idea man, can't you find a place with a little less shade?

7. You don't need to ask again. Gumby has given you the answer to your question.

8. \
    totally. stronger light=more weed. i didnt mean to come off sounding like direct sunlight isnt better than ambient light at all, its like trading a 23w for a 300w (exaggerated a bit, maybe...) all i meant was that it was possible. my bad for the misconception. :)

9. Yeah i think it would be a waste of time to do it if its not getting much light.

10. But i'm sure it'll grow.

11. lol its all good man