shade leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cannon, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ok my plants are at my dads house and he is only supposed to water them but for some reason he decided to cut off all the big "shade" leaves. the plants looked very thick and healthy before he cut them off and now they look bare. he didnt cut off all of the leaves just about 5 of the big ones on each plant. he said his freind told him this was good for the plant. im not sure if this is true and i would like to know if he helped or hurt my beutiful babys?

2. well, its not good... haha, but its not horrible either, your going to get a lot more growth from the sets of leafs underneith., just watch the plants, some strains love abuse, you might get a growth spurt out of it

3. Don't cut leaves just because you're scissor-happy. Only cut leaves that are dying or if they are blocking light from reaching promising bud sites below, and even then try tucking or tieingthe leaves out of the way first. Cutting should be a last resort -- the leaves are the solar panels that power the plant's growth and then store nutrients that the plant will draw on later.

4. yea i wouldnt have cut them. im lsting them and i dindt really think they were in the way. MY DAD was the one who cut them.
    im just making sure that my plants arent gonna die on me.

5. If all of the leaves aren't gone they might live.

Your dad most likely misunderstood what the guy said, or he didn't go into detail/know what he was talking about.

6. yea hes an idiot