Sh*t

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by darnifell, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hey So im a NOOBY NubCake and i have been trimming the dead or dying leaves off during the flowering stage. i just read something that said that was a dumb idea. ANYWAYS my buds are growing more and MORE leaves and it doesnt look much like anyone elses. all of these leaves have TRICHS on them and are dank bud is that why they are growing more leaves?

2. thats what plants do... grow

3. Leave the leaves until theyre almost dead. The plant steals energy from wherever it can be found during flowering, so it pulls nutrients from the leaves and lets it die off. :D imagine them as lil snacks for your plant

4. I heard different... supposedly the plant will exhaust some of its energy trying to repair the damaged leaves instead of concentrating on bud production. so cutting them off is good...so correct me if I'm wrong I'm just a nube telling ya what I read ok ?

5. ive read both as well.

i say make clones one time and TEST IT

6. Make sure your scissors or whatever you might be using to clip the leaves are sterile or your problem could get much worse.

7. That seems to be the great debate, do you cut the fan leave or not. Some say cut, to get more light to the bud sites, that makes sense. Some say cutting the fan leaves makes the plant exert extra energy repairing the cut, that makes sense. I have read a lot about it on this site, and others. Still don't know what to do. I have one plant flowering now, took 4 clones for the next grow. I think I will just let this plant do what its going to do, and experiment on 2 of the clones next grow.