Sgw Waffle Vs. Sovereignty King Stemline

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SeriousToke, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Wondering what's better in terms of quality. I'm thinking of grabbing another piece soon and for like 2 years now I've really wanted the SG Waffle but I also realized the Sovereignty King Stemline that has nearly the same design. 

Also, whats the difference between a King stemline with up grid and down grid?
    If you have owned either piece, or both...leave me some input. I do have to admit the stemline has that look to it with the Sovereignty logo on it that makes it look really badass.

If the SGW and the Sovereignty are near the same in quality smoking, then whats with the price difference? 250 versus 370?

Thanks let me know. Peace.

2. The Sovereignty's several inches taller so you might want to take that into consideration. I've never handled any SGW but I can say Sovereignty's quality is top notch and you won't walk away with buyer's remorse. However, you're partially paying for said badass Sovereignty look/brand. The upgrid has a little less drag and stacks higher up the can but it's up to your preference really.

3. Thanks for your input I finally got someone to reply here lol.

So wait, does it hit better than the SGW or am I paying for the logo/brand name more then the quality of the glass? What is an up grid and a down grid? I have an idea but I'm just wondering.

If the up grid offers less drag and stacks higher, why even buy the down grid version if the up grid offers so much more?

4. #4 floppyjoe, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    I don't know about the hit but in terms of glass quality, the welds and joints look cleaner on the Sov. Look at high res pictures, like the ones on ALT, and you'll see what I mean. Having said that, the name also brings a premium price.

The upgrid has the stemline's holes facing up while the downgrid's holes face down. In terms of why one over the other, it' small preference really. I like a little more drag and I've heard the downgrid fires better than the upgrid.

5. I've had the kingstem for about 2 years now and not once did I think about selling it for a different piece. Like floppyjoe said SG quality is top notch and you'll see that immediately by looking at their welds and the quality of the grids SG puts out. I've heard good reviews about sgw and I'm sure you won't regret purchasing either one. But just for the side note I would never sell my SG to buy a sgw, hope that helps with your decision.

6. Girls drop their panties for Sovereignty.