SG Stemline Vs. SGW Waffle

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lowkey83, Jul 24, 2011.

1. #1 lowkey83, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    SG - 60 mm Mini Bent Neck Stemline - V6

Vs.

Stone Glass Works Waffle Tube Short

The SG is 14" while the SGW is 15" and both have 18 mm joints. The SGW can hold ice while the SG has a narrow section of tube that wouldn't allow ice cubes. Otherwise its really gridded vs waffle I guess. Prices are very close as well.

Sorry if this has been done but I'm really torn between the two.

What do yall think?

2. Thatt's the downgrid you're thinking about too?... shit.... get the SG bro.

3. sg is gonna chug more, rip more like a bub, and have a milkier rip and the waffle will be a fizzier airy bong rip to the dome

4. waffles are sick, but you do get water on your lips a little

5. gunna be happy with either. check youtube and go with one you like the look of the hit the best.

6. Don't you mean carrots? :confused:

7. What carrots? im confused.:confused:

8. either the worst joke ive ever heard or you're very confused

9. #9 IzZ Tip C, Jul 24, 2011
    This SG isn't a mini but you get the idea...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-5a2oMb4k]‪SGW WAFFLE vs SG STEMLINE‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I can vouch for the stemline but it looks like you can't go wrong with the waffle either.

10. do you want 4mm glass or 5 mm glass?

Why does no one point this out ever?

If you want 5 mm glass go with the SG

if you want 4 mm glass go with the SGW

11. ?

Damn good point man altho 1 mm isnt a huge difference its def worth taking into consideration.

I'm really leaning towards the SG although I think I've waited too long because its now out of stock on ***:mad::rolleyes:

12. #12 lowkey83, Jul 24, 2011

Six slit up gridded

How much of a difference would that make? I would think a very slight increase in drag with it down but as far as how it percs?

13. Yea the waffle is like a shotgun to the face, mainly due to the fact that pretty much every tube SGW puts out has a very small diameter, on A L T it says 44mm diameter but it seems like less lol. I've never hit a downgrid SG, but in theory it should diffuse better then a upgrid, but with more chug obviously. I'm hoping to add a downgrid to my sg collection :smoke:

14. Yeah that makes sense. Time to hit youtube and compare down vs up grid I guess..

15. I think other than glass thickness (which if you are careful with glass isn't that big a deal), your major concern would be the type of hit. I would read up and watch videos on each tube to compare how they hit and how they pull.
    Other than that..I guess whichever one you like the look of more.

16. dude honestly, i don't like the way downgrids hit/ pull, just a hair on the chuggy side. the upgrid is so refined and crisp. plus a mini sg would be a more viable errl tube if that ever tickles your fancy. also on a note of the glass thickness, the neck of the sg mini is going to be 4mm anyhow. most of Steve's bore reductions are 4mm, but it adds a really nice low center of gravity to the tube. not to mention the giant base he puts on. :smoke: