SG stemline or LW 15 arm bub

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by kdeli22, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HELP ME PLEASE
    i have no idea which one to get i love both of them but cant bring myself to choose one of them. and price is not an issue please give your imput

2. stemline. top 5 pieces out there in my opinion. i feel like trees are losing ground in the percolation area

3. Stemline FTW!

4. Stemline!!!

5. I kinda feel like trees are becoming the way of the past, like dome percs. I've owned 3 tubes myself with trees as well as a bubbler and they're definitely nice, but my Itza mini circ. trumps all of them imo.

That being said I have started to branch out after having a lot of success with the Itza and plan on copping a stemline myself from a local place within the next couple days! Can't speak from experience but I hear nothing but good things about them.

6. agreed. I feel like 2011 will be the official year where trees become a dead perc

7. #7 mr lahey, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
    Two reasons I got the LW bub over the stemline:

1. I wanted a small piece/bubbler
    2. The one I wanted isn't in stock (bent neck)

So if I didn't already have a big bong I would have waited for the SG bent neck stemline.

8. I have the liberty bell/squashed bottom LW 15 arm bubbler and I love it..It amazes me every time I smoke it..especially if I take a little break from it. I don't know which version you're looking at but I would consider these 15 arms "bonglers" instead of bubblers. If you can handle it it's very easy to take HUGE bong+ sized rips. Yes the tree perc is not as popular as it used to be but you can't go wrong with a LW piece..The stemline is also very nice; they are completely different pieces. If you want something smaller but still able to take fat rips then definitely go with the bubbler..

9. Is the LW you have the same as the one that is currently in stock at ALT? I just purchased it last night. I've heard there are two different versions, but i've only seen the one.

10. that is the exact same one i am looking to get cause my lhs doesn't have it but its got the stemline.
    so far the majority is going with stemline

11. The biggest question is portability.

The LW piece is more portable (And about $70 cheaper) than an SG stemline. If you plan on keeping your piece at home, I'd say go with the stemline, but if you want a more portable piece (Better for social smoking) go with the LW.

Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people are hoping on the dick ride SG bandwagon. SG is a great brand, don't get me wrong, but you need to look at practicality too. Even though you said price isn't an issue, it's still a factor.

LW-Cheaper, more portable, comes with a pretty sweet bowl with a handle and built in screen
    SG-Bigger hits

12. it also depends on what you want dude...if you want a bubbler get the bubbler...if you want the tube get the tube... theyre both amazing in each category.

13. This is something that confuses me.

If I put the same amount of weed in both the SG, and the LW bubbler.

wouldnt the "hit" be the same size?

Cause it makes no sense to me to say the SG has "bigger hits"

14. if you torch it all ya, but the main difference between "bigger" hits is there is more volume to be filled up in the stemline than in the bubbler

15. My guess would be this: you can pack a gram into a huge 29mm zumo and you'll probably be able to take the whole gram. Whereas you pack a gram into a little tube with a 14mm joint and you might only burn half if it.

I'm assuming "bigger hits" = more air flow + more volume to hold the smoke. The SG has more volume for sure, but not positive on airflow. There are other factors that effect air flow too (amount of water, if the slide is disc-diffused, ect.) I think it would be hard to judge.

16. ya man i dont put SG up like that or anything i just have hit the stemline and it was really nice.
    and i already have like 4 bubs and 7 bongs so its not really a matter of what i need its just what i want

17. #17 iewed, Jan 12, 2011
    By bigger hits I meant that the SG can hold a lot more smoke, so you can smoke more weed faster.

This is like asking if you should buy a lambo or a ferrari. Both SG and LW are highly respected brands notorious for their excellent craftsmanship, what's your most expensive bub or bong? Which piece would see the most usage, the SG or LW? If the LW piece would be your most expensive bub I'd go with that (Assuming you have some quality GonG's)

18. #18 Just619, Jan 12, 2011
    "sg dick ride"? I choose to "ride their dicks" Cus they make the best stuff. Don't get me wrong, Lukes stuff is great. I have owned some. SG's stuff is just on another level right now. Go with the stemline man. Easier to clean, rip etc.

Oh and rip a toro 7/13 and tell me tree percs are a thing of the past luls. Not many tubes rip as well as a 7/13.

19. well people it did hit me and i knew at 3:03 and i knew i wanted the king stem line so i adventured to my lhs J friendly's (thier the tits there) and purchased a king stem line and have just hit it and it is fucking amazing i made the right call.

thank you all and thank you SG