SG or custom?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dirrtyMurphy, May 9, 2011.

1. why does it make them look like nazis? well maybe because they are pushing their opinions on people despite being proved wrong, but then still continuing to do so when others prove valid points....its like they cant just accept what the community thinks of them.....they basically get upset if you have any problem whatsoever with DWB.....get off your high horse.....

2. what high end pieces do you own or have smoked from? from your sig it doesnt look like any for that matter....what are you comparing the dwb piece you haven't received yet to?

3. guys by no mean am i a giant dwb fan i own a itza and a sov stem 8, but why do you guys hate so much on it if your not even a little jealous. like the prices are amazing and its custom work, people will give up the so called "flawlessness" of a sg or toro too pay half as much for a custom made tube with equal diffusion and innovation

4. the way i see it is, dwb asked for this shitstorm......if you don't want people giving you shit about faulty models then don't release them if they aren't up to par, almost every other company/blower would not do this, so why does dwb.................its like running a stop light past a cop and complaining that you got pulled over....YOU ASKED FOR IT

oh yeah and just because the tube is half the price, isn't an excuse for defects, why not just up the price a little more and make it nicer and avoid the shitstorm???? hmm that's an idea

5. I did not compare my dwb piece to anything nor did I suggest to the op to buy a dwb. Its a personal decision and I believe I made the right choice. I do, however, have a problem with your asinine remarks comparing what certain people have said to one of the greatest tragedies in human history. It shows a complete lack of understanding, tact, and respect.

6. get over it.....you are just digressing from the real issue....i dont see it to be so far fetched to compare someone that spreads propaganda, to the nazis...if you dont want to be seen as such then dont act that way....when people provide facts dont deny them, admit your faults and move past it

7. JP from toro gets ragged on all the time for acting like such a tool, however he makes nice tubes and doesn't come into forums with a crew of fanboys to boast his reputation

8. You realize that it is YOU who will not allow allow others to form their own opinions.
    anyway lets get back on topic. I occasionally use my friends stemline although not a pillar or stem 8, and really enjoy it. However, look at a video of an sg stemline vs a dwb stemline to double disc and it is abundantly clear which piece has superior diffusion. For this reason I went with DWB.

9. None of the pictures were of customs; you do realize that I get to hit those pieces shown because they are "seconds", flawed tubes being sold discount to LHS, or experimental pieces.
    The customs are all beautiful; what some else said "Drew will re-blow your tube if you arent satisfied with it..."

btw, how is anyone spouting propaganda? certain people have formulated an opinion about DWB, and your opinion opposes it. Does that make all information opposing your views propaganda?

10. #70 bostonbuds87, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    it turns into propaganda when people point out facts and you embellish them with your own bias, denying them...malcroft provided pictures as well as the reasons why.....they are in everyones face, yet you still find some way to justify it....like why cant you just say, "yeah he fucked up"...............your OPINION can be that DWB is sick....but you cant get past the FACTS of what right in front of peoples faces

oh yeah and im sure youve visited the GD thread on DWB, there's plenty more issues with his tubes that others have pointed out as well, granted they were a few months old, but he still sold those to people

and that's nice and all that drew reblows the tubes..........but no one wants a re-blown tube, they want it right the first time

11. Art Is All Opinion. Eyes Of The Beholder.

/debate.

12. How is it much cheaper when his pieces are roughly the same prices as other double chamber pieces? His logic series is pushing 300 as well.

13. The fact remains efs is leaps and bounds ahead of the custom "etsy" scene and thats putting it lightly. I'd much rather have a Clean gridded donut, as for the stem it's like the toro disc stemless one, i don't think its that ugly but i'm sure you can get him to make a regular one. Efs has shown up every etsy blower imho. The only thing that makes dwb has the advantage on is the discs.

14. It's not hate. It's called trying to reality check all these dwb fan's into knowing what is high quality line work and what isn't. They speak as if every piece was collabed by Deppe, Jake C, and all the other greats combined when in actuality they are far from that quality piece that deserves all the "hype" or gorilla sales tactics.

You mention one negative thing about DWB and you have about 10 people get super butt hurt. Then you get The Owner of the company coming in telling everyone how he is so much better, and no other company can rival his diffusion etc. I really doubt JP from toro, Steve from SG, or Preston from SGW ever showed their face in a thread to "defend" their work. They let their hands and their lathes do the talking for them, and I think that is why so many people are turned off by DWB as of late as well. Nobody wants to see Drew try and justify himself over and over by trying to pull the wool over some of your unsuspecting eyes.

Go on TC, or GD and look at some of the artists pages, and you will see how they conduct themselves. It's definitely not by them getting mixxed up in little drama online with people in forum threads, thats for fuck sure.

15. Both sides need to take a step back and chill and see why people like these companies they support.

From SG standpoint you can't purchase better glass. Its flawless and diffusion is always amazing. However its fairly hard to come by, custom work is non existant, and any collab piece with beautiful artwork is REALLY high in price.

I own a sg and deff my favorite brand, and i wish i could afford some worked pieces from steve but the prices are steep.

From DWB, you get great diffusion and usually pretty good lookin color work for fraction of the cost. Drews glass is not up to the SG standard, but really how many blowers are up to the SG standard? Theres a reason we all have mad respect for steve.

But in the end of the day you can't say Drew doesn't have any skill.

16. i wonder what the op did/thinks

17. Lol doubt it, he probably has absolutely no idea what the last couple pages are about or where the hell they came from.

18. Each side just goes to the extreme for debate everytime. No love for the other guy.

19. Wow. Everyone needs to pick up some real good indica and calm down. I have read both sides of this, if you can even call it one, "argument" and to be honest it's ridiculous. As a fan of glass in general I can't believe all this. To think that stoners could get so worked up about something so little to the point where one side is calling the other side nazis.... smh... Calm down, hit your dwb or sovereignty respectively and chill...

20. I like EFS qnd DWB I wouldn't mind owning a efs tube.

But to the op I would get a sg stem 8