SG Gridded Downstem vs. Alex K Downstem?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by iDonate, Jun 23, 2011.

1. What's your opinions I love my Alex k and am curious about the SG

2. they both function well

3. I made a thread like this a while back before I decided to say fuck it and went with a King Stemline (Too many broken downstems). IMO the SG is definitely a superior downstem, especially in tubes that need to be kept vertical to ensure the percs fire at max.

Alex K is great though. I've owned 3 (They aren't easy to break or anything, just had clumsy friends and a awkwardly sized bong)

4. If you have a perc in your bong, get the SG, if its just a straight tube or a beaker get an AlexK so you can lean back and get that thing firing on all cylinders.

5. Thanks for the input I also own about 3 Alex ks and I don't have any percs I'm js using a basic straight tube and there's no drag would I really be able to tell the diff with the SG

6. I have been wondering the same thing. I got a couple straight tubes and two bubbles but ima only use the stem in two of my straight tubes.. I just dont know if i should go with the diffusion level of the AK or the SG.. Seems like the SG has smaller holes and would diffuse your hits way better. The AK seems to have too big of holes, and only uses like 2 when being hit compared to using like 5.

7. #7 iDonate, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The 5 holes all fire as they should on the AK I know that for sure