sfv og with 3x300w mars hydro led (open to constructive criticism)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rusko!, Dec 30, 2016.

1. #1 rusko!, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    hello I thought I would post my micro garden.
    I am growing 4 sfv og (these are the ones with afghani):
    BREEDER: DHN source

TYPE:
    hybrid

KNOWN GENETICS: SFV OG Kush x Afghani #1 (so sayith dark heart)

and 2 grape ape:
    BREEDER: Apothecary Genetics

TYPE:
    Indica dominant

KNOWN GENETICS: Afghani x Skunk # 1

METHOD:
    I vegged for 14 days topped when I saw enough room too then when I saw growth (and hit the 14 day mark DHN tells you to veg for) I stripped and flipped.
    I have only removed fan leaves when they are covering other flowers (I am now about 15 days in flower)
    I am running earth juice nutrients that I aerate for 24-48 hours in spring water.
    I am using: Meta-k, Bloom, Micro, Catalyst, High-brix, cal/mag (10ml per gal), and throw in compost teas when I can.
    I can't afford super soil so I use ocean forest (as is) and am looking to start an earth worm farm.

Areas of intended improvement:
    I want to have better control over humidity and temps. But I am not sure how to. I need to monitor it better.
    I want to also get a more consistent ph going, but don't feel it is necessary to even check since I am using earth juice. I want to make my grow smaller around the scrog (tighten up the space with reflective/white material) - have a few ideas but not sure.

Please, I am open to constructive criticism but don't be insulting.

GRAPE APE:

IMG_4647 (1).png
    IMG_4645.jpg IMG_4644 (2).jpg

SFV OG:

IMG_4636.jpg
    IMG_4633.jpg IMG_4632.jpg IMG_4631.jpg IMG_4627.jpg IMG_4630.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I mean all in all you have buds forming and I've been growing since october and thats nowhere near in my sights so good for you bro.

Theres a lot of stretching looks like they need to be closer to that light.I think your aware your not going to have much smokeable product at all.If your happy thats all thats matters.

My opinion personally is if you had giving it longer to vegitate you would be seeing so much more now.Far as what your using and soil it all sounds good,just seems such a waste in MY opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. "
    Theres a lot of stretching looks like they need to be closer to that light.I think your aware your not going to have much smokeable product at all.If your happy thats all thats matters.
    "
    They were growing into the light I actually had to raise it. They should be 12'' away from light during flower for this particular light.

"
    My opinion personally is if you had giving it longer to vegitate you would be seeing so much more now.Far as what your using and soil it all sounds good,just seems such a waste in MY opinion."

I don't understand why it's a waste? this is only day 15 of flower they still have 55 days more to go. - Afghani tends to grow tall naturally.

what should this look like at day 15 in comparison to something that isn't a "waste"

• Like Like x 1
  4. So why ask for others opinions? your plants are skinny with nothing on them hardly.look at the bud sites genius you can only get so much bud with so little leaves.
    Do as you please fucked if I care mate.

5. I asked for constructive criticism do you know what that means?

6. or did you just come here to be an ass?

7. No I was saying you should have vegged a hell of a lot longer than 14 days.I just don't think how skinny your plants are your going to get stuff all in dry weight.I went on to say as long as your happy.You haven't done a great job sorry its the truth if you wanna be a bitch about what others say why post asking for others input? I'm not going to say anything further on this post.

8. cool - have a good day

9. "how skinny your plants are "
    just pruned yesterday before feeding, especially the grape ape she was really bushed out but wasn't getting light to bottom of the plant - it's called lolipopping

take care man

10. It still doesn't look good omg could you be any more byist? go and look at other peoples grow journals and figure out where you've gone wrong.Or better yet don't ask for advice as you clearly know everything or wait for others opinions.Congrats you will have some tiny ass buds well done.I am not a man fyi

11. I thought you were done posting here?

12. It's not that I'm bias* - it's that you came here saying my grow is shitty and a waste and you are being a total ass about it.

I really hope you stop posting here and insulting me... like you said you would

13. thanks for plaguing my first grow journal.

14. I didn't mean to say it looked shitty you were just getting offended over what I said so I got annoyed.I don't think your plants look shitty I just don't think theres much on them to give you a lot of buds I was just being honest from my perspective.I think if your happy my opinion shouldn't matter or affect you.If you stopped quoting everything I said I wouldn't reply.What do you expect when you keep quoting my comments?

15. I was very polite with my first post and was just saying I think you should have vegged longer once again MY own personal opinion.Best of luck with your grow.

16. #16 rusko!, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    thanks - have a good day , bye.
    No hard feelings.

17. You didn't use the scrog net correctly, leds need to have a sea of green. So you weave the plant in between the twine. What week of flower is this 3 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah I didn't do that this run, I did in my previous run. I didn't know how much this strain would stretch it surprised me, these were very small when I flipped (like 6 inch under the scrog) so I thought it would grow into the scrog. Last time I trellised during the stretch, it didn't allow my colas to stack.
    Maybe I should lower the scrog and veg longer, during the veg trellis via the net.

This is the first day of the 3rd week.

This is only my second run and I am still learning so much. Thanks for taking a look.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm going to look into that next run most likely.

20. Your plants look healthy. What everyone is trying to tell you is that, you did not utilize your grow space very well. If you would have Vegged longer and did some training, you could have kept that plant below the screen and filled out the entire area before flipping, when everything is even you get bigger denser buds. What your getting here is a tall stretchy plant, that will probably produce airy buds. You got the right tools to do a nice grow I just don't think your utilizing it.

• Like Like x 1