SF's 1200w Multi Strain NFT Grow Room.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by stickyfingaz89, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Welcome to My First Hydro Diary. I'v grown mant times in soil but want to take the leap into Hydro. I can se the benifits out way the cons. Just never to have to cary those heavy obvious bags on soil into a first floor apartment is enough for me to never go back to soil!!!

My soil growing skills have been perfected over the years but i will need help from you hydro gods to keep this diary growing. I have a basic understanding of hydro but thats where it ends. So all help will be sucked up and put to good use some where along the lines.

Right my set up is this. I have a DR80 with a 400w (actual watts) flouro Propergation unit wich fills the tent nicley, I have 4 diffrent strains. I have CH9 mixed (11 of these all femed these will be my main best cared for plants) I have 9 Northern Lights - Regular . 10 Mango - Regular and 10 Mind Benders also regular. In the tent i also have a fan to move the air and a extraction fan and filter to trap any smells. This tent will be my mothers and cuttings tent. Im planning on growing them all for about 5 weeks flipping the lights to see how many females i have then killing off the males. From there i will move alot of the females into the flowering room keeping the best 5-6 females for mothers..

The Veg.Flowering room is where things get Good. I have a 2.6m long x 2.4m high x 1.2m wide closet ( prefect i know!!! what are the chances of finfing that in a small flat!!! ) Iv siver mylard the walls and put reflective insillation panels on the floor to keep noise in and reflect the light around the room... Every lumen counts right!!! I have set up x2 Silverstar air cooled reflectors. I have made wholes in the roof to be able to suck the cold air in the loft through the reflectors back up into the loift through a 8inch 1100m3h acoustic fan then back down into the bathroom where the hot air will be extracted out into the open via the bathroom extractor fan... I have used acustic ducting for this to minimalise the sound made by the big fan in the loft....

I have a 6 inch fan with a carbon filter also in the loft sucking old smelly air out the room and a 6 inch fan sucking more cold/fresh air into the room from the loft.... I still need to get some fans to move the air round but those are cheap as chips..

The lighting power im using is 600w each light powerd througha digital ballast and using the super HPS lamps giving 95,000 lumens each so theres 190,000 lumesn in there so plenty of light in the room...

My NFT growing sytems are the GT424's and i have 2 of them.. Iv mylard the correx tops and cut 14 4'' squares from these equalling a total of 28 plants in total 14 under each light. Id like to do a SOG style grow using these and hope to pull 2-3ox per plant but as mentioned i will need your help for this.......

SO i think that it for now....

heres the pics

2. Pics as promised

Attached Files:

3. im subbed dude....i have a feeling youre going to yield over 1.5 and i plan on being here when you do! :D

4. Did you say 2 to 3 ounces a plant your hoping for?

5. nicee, wish I had the space for that kinda grow.. one day..

6. Hi Guys, thanks for the replys. Yeah i have sorted smell out.. ITs the silly little things that get you caught aint it!! Iv tried my hardest with this set up and hope to pull the big harvests from it... Yeah i did mean 2-3oz per plant?? perhaps a bit haisty??? Iv done soil SOG's before and pulled 1-2oz per plant and was informed with the right veg time onc the clones have rooted (20-30 days) the NFTs could easily double soil harvests but to be fair id be happy to just go start to finish wit the NFTs to get into the swing of things... like mentioned all help is needed as far as the hydro goes.... things like...

Best nutriants -- - strenth start to finish... best P.H..... im a little confused on PPM and EC.... Pump times...... evry bit of info available im willing to learn... soo help me please...

peace....

7. Very nice setup! I'd love to rock a little NFT SOG if i had the space. Perhaps one day my dream will be a reality.

Do you know what nutes your going with? What kind of meter are you rocking and what conversion rate is it set to? One little piece of advice would be to grab yourself some drip clean by house and garden. Even if your using a different line this stuff will keep your system squeaky clean. No buildup on your stones and no slime on your lines thus allowing you to go longer between res changes (which is nice when you don't have an RO unit). A couple 18L jugs of water every couple weeks looks pretty suspicious. At least I've always thought.

Are you starting our girls in soil then transferring them to your NFT system?

8. Hi thanks for the reply. As for as equipmet/suppliments with the NFTs i have nothing this is what i need the help with, As far of now all i have is the baisics, the pump and spreader matts. I understand how the systen works on a entry level but thats it. what would be a good set up to have as far as the NFTs go. Money is not a big problem as id rather spend the £'s to make the Grams so Whats best.. I know i need to have PH ajusters. Nutriants, Water heaters and air pumps/stones. Im in the uk so ebay will be my life line.

Im going to keep mothers to take clones to put into rockwool for the sytems so i have a good 8 weeks in order to get my NFTs and how to use the systems up to scratch before there used. Out of all the plants the ones i dont plan on using will be used to flower in soil around the systems to get me a bit of supply untill there out the way and im left with just the mothers and the NFts running...

My question is. If you had what i had what would you buy to get the sytems running there best... Thanks

9. P.s the plsce im growing in is my second appartment which i used to live in before moving in with my other half... So space is no concern. Im over there quite abit and have done all i can to prevent any one else knowing what im up to... The appartment is used for storage/growing and a spare bed for when me and the other half have a barney and need some space... The neibours arnt a problem as im on a talking level with them and they are pretty cool and dont suspect a thing. So taking things i will need into the place is of no concern as I have my ways of being pretty damm clever when it comes to this stuff....

10. im running 21 og kush clone sthat are looking amazing. been vegging for 2weeks gunna give em one more than flip. im working in 2 gallon pots under a brand new 1000w in a 5x5 tent mylar lined of couse. you thing i can get that pound or what. coming from a sog guy. only my 4th grow hoping i can make it!!!!

11. Hey, I think you should pull a pound easy, 16oz off a 1000w light off 21 plants should be minimal. even an 1oz per plant you will hit over a pound. How tall was the plants when you switched to flowering?? I flowered 3 ch9 Female's at 12 inch under a air cooled 400w hps and ended up with 3 3-4foot monsters and pulled 3/4 of a pound. hope that puts it into persepctive for you...

peace :smoke:

12. Im going to the grow room later and have the camera fuly charged il take some decent photos of some of the plants and the grow room and up date when im back....

Peace :smoke:

P.s still after that info im gagging for about the NFTs

13. Alright mate hows it going bruv ive done about 4 grows in the gt205 alot smaller then the 424 but stll works exactly the same. The nutes i used were canna aqua vega for veg and aqua flours for flowering they are designed for re circulating systems and i would also use canna boost and pk13/14. i never had any problems with them bruv.

14. Finaly some help.... Thanks for the info. What times did you have the pumps running?? Did you use any sort of system cleaner to prevent any problems?? How does the PPM and EC work in simple terms m8!! cheers

15. P.s Noticed your also from the dark side of the moon!! where abouts are you?/ im near the second crator under comet hill PMSL hahaha :smoke:

16. #16 Eksman, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011

I run the pump all the time the lights are on even when u go 12/12 as long as u laid spreader matt along the bottom of the top tray they will retain enough water for the roots when lights are off. I dont use an e.c meter i just go by wot they say on the back of the nutes but bring it up slowly i just make sure ph is between 5.8 and 6.2

oh and i live not far from there 2nd on the left down luna drive.lol
    p.s i dont use no system cleaner i just take the pump out now and again for a good clean and change the water every couple of weeks hope this helped mate

17. I havnt flipped yet. im still vegging them under the 1000w hps though. they are probably 7 to 8 inches right now. going to give them another week or so then switch to 12/12. i want to get them to 12 inches then flower. gunna be a packed room thats for sure. I really like the sog method. smaller plants, easyier to work with. my last run i did purple kush but only 11 plants and they were only 12 -18 inches at the the tallest when they were done. i ended up with 6oz so i figure a bit longer veg time and double the amount of plants and that should be good yeild. but again this is only my second attempt at sog so any info you could give e would help

18. Brillaint advice pal, So i leave the pump off completly once the lights go out??? or do i give them a boost say 15mins every 3 hours??? and as far as PH goes iv herd its best to start low 5.8 and let it slowly rise up to 6.2 to allow for other nutriants to be able to be taken up is this right?? also herd its best to let the spreader matt run out the bottom of the tray to prevent a trickleing sound, Is this a good or bad idea only beacuse i dont want the water to go werid because of having the matt in the rez???? How oftern between changes and do i need to keep the rez topped up because i can see that getting quiet tricky to mesure the total amount of nutes in the system?? so In a 30-40 day veg will i need to change the 45l tank??

Thanks for your adive bruv really helps

19. That was your let down in your other run pal you didnt let them veg long enough. flowering them at 12 inches will more than likey mean your smallest now will be the tallest from your last go in this run!! are you going just for the donkey dick top colas or have you done any form of LST or FIM'd any of them?? will you trim before flowering to allow the light to penitrate the canopy??? if you are going to trim do it a week or so before you flower so it give them time to heal... hope this helps...

20. A little up date. Think its the start of week 3 for the tallest and start of week 2 for the smaller ones. All is looking well aprt from a slight nute overdose but il correct this with water for the next few waterings..

Im going to leave the veg/flower room running for a night to monitor temps at the top of the sytems so i can do any ajustments accordingly before the room is put to use... any ways here is some pics....

peace

(hsving trouble uploading pics. Il try again a lilttle later)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.