Sexism, equality, feminism etc...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stealthgrower, Mar 9, 2013.

1. So, this thread is about equality between the sexes, and about feminism, and stuff like that.
    i'm just gonna post an image, and see where this discussion goes.
    if you are having trouble reading it press ctrl+=
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. feminism has morphed into such total horse shit that i have to suppress a scoff whenever it's mentioned.
    A+ thread

3. Everyone knows that the people who use that site are all virgins so who cares what they think about women they don't even know how to talk to them

4. #4 stealthgrower, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    lol my english professor last year was talking about feminism to which i responded. "all women who label themselves as a feminist is bat shit insane" she then told me she was a very active feminist. needless to say i somehow ended up failing that class. lol
    by definition almost all women are feminist. as the definition simply is that you believe women deserve equality. however women who label themselves as feminists aren't even feminist anymore, they aren't looking for equality.
    while normally i would agree with that statement. maybe take the time to look at the image before completely dismissing it. it's simply facts. it's also more about men than women.

5. While I agree that equality should apply to ALL.

I am aware that 4chan is mostly women haters, so I'm not sure how to feel about most of this. Some of it is VERY true and others seem a bit farfetched.

One of the things I'm foggy on is that rape stat. Most rapes go unreported, so there is no way they can comprise that data.

6. 4chan is full of women haters, but this is simply facts. most are straight up, represented exactly how they are. some such as number 5 slightly skew things. as they make it seem as if female circumcision is only as bad or less bad, but it can be worse as well.
    all in all though. this shit is pretty accurate. the rape thing i believe they mentioned the specific study or who did it, go look into it more. men get raped by other men fairly frequently. if you take alcohol into consideration men get raped by women constantly. most people probably don't consider having sex while drunk to be rape. legally it is though. i'm guessing that's part of how they reached that number. that's a complete guess though.

they did provide sources at the bottom as well. if anyone can show that something on here isn't accurate please do.

7. there not looking for equality anymore there looking to be treated better than men.
    They seem to want men to be second class citizens

8. I like the womens movement. Especially when I'm walking behind them.

9. The thing I'm trying to say is that there is no way to know if that is true since most rapes are unreported (by men and women).

And we know why male circumcision is common practice, although it's dying out becase it's no longer necessary. I don't even see how it can be compared to female circumcision.

Also, the part about men being victims of violent crimes. Correct me if I'm wrong but a man's drive is to be dominant and in the wild that involves fighting. On average men are more aggressive, it's just how it is.

I do agree with reproductive rights, there HAS to be something done. Say, if you don't want a baby or are tricked into the baby the judge can give the woman the option to abort, adoption or letting the man opt out of ALL parental responsibilities. The only problem I see there are the lowlifes who don't agree with paying their ex child support could always claim that they were tricked.

Rape, that's a touchy subject. Alot of the time it is hard to prove rape, so it really is the person's word and we know how unreliable human beings are.

Honestly, being a woman, I see a lot of bullshit we have to deal with and, having a few close male friends, I see the bullshit guys have to deal with.

10. say what?
    please tell me why mle circumcision is common practice and why it was necessary. i'd love to hear this.
    how can you not even compare it? what is there not to compare. both are genital mutilation.

11. A bit off topic but the Internet is what's nurturing racism and sexism in our society. Call me crazy.

12. You are not aware of why circumcision became so widespread in the late 1800's?

While I agree that they are both mutilation, but female circumcision wasn't being done for "medical reasons", it was to basically deter women from deriving pleasure from sex in hopes that they would only do it for procreation. For some crazy reason they linked the male foreskin to a plethora of health issues. Lile penis cancer, paralysis, syphilis and some other shit.

13. LMAO. you are very mislead GirlyS. male circumcision wasn't started for "medical reasons" either. it was also for the reason of depriving males of sexual pleasure. it was religion, not medicine.

14. Umm, no I'm not. The reason it became WIDESPREAD is because a bunch of doctors were saying it was beneficial to the male's health. It was supposed to help prevent penile cancer and hygiene then was not so good, so it helped with the smegma issue. Then later on it was said that a circumsized penis was less likely to get syphilis and VD.

During WWII young men were required to get it. So when they had kids they wanted to spare them the trauma and it progressed from there. Now, I believe, many people are opting out of this for their children.

Before that is WAS to deter masturbation, but that never worked.

There was never any medical reason for female circumcision. It was always to deprive the clitoris of feeling so the woman would have less of a sex drive and only have sex to become pregnant.

15. there was never a medical reason for men to get circumcised either. those reasons were bullshit. i feel like this is derailing the thread so i'm gonna stop now.

16. I didn't say they were valid, except the hygiene one. But thats why the public, rather than just certain religions, adopted the practice.

Here we are, almost a century later, people still believe this shit.

17. I have met men that had "adult" circumcisions, for medical reasons; In this century.

18. One of my best friends had a circumcision when he was 18. When he had sex for the first time it was incredibly painful.

I forget what the problem was, but he said everything was so much better after.

19. A lot of that was good, some of it was horseshit though. Some women think men get all the advantages while they always get the short end of the stick. I think our society is fine as it is, there's no way you can actually displace the equilibrium for too long, it's a fluid concept that isn't in much danger of being broken.

Other than by people thinking it's already broken and trying to 'fix' it.

20. i wanna be clear, that by posting that image i was not trying to cry and complain and say men are getting the short end of the stick. there is fucked up shit for both the sexes. it's just that a lot of attention seems to be on females. i just wanted to bring some attention to the shit men have to deal with.

i personally feel like we are pretty damn equal. we are not equal in every area, but overall we are equal.