Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Hermie. Toss it.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
  2. What about the rest?

3. Can someone please help me with finding the sex out on this lady ( hopefully) here's a couple pics to show what's happening presently ... I can take more pics if needed please someone get back to me I pray it is a female

Attached Files:

4. Help me! I’m at 10 weeks and still no sign!?

Attached Files:

5. i started growing plants outside from seeds the last few days in May. two months later (20 July) after being topped twice, the days here passed the 14 hour mark and was just about the time i started seeing flowers. the males definitely made their presence known first as they seemed to be the tallest plants. i may be wrong on this, but i let all my plants go until i was certain of the males and even with slightly developed pollen sacs, it was easy to see that none were even close to opening and i was certain they were male plants and believe me, you will not have any problem detecting the sex at this point. for the female plants, i first started to notice the wispy white hairs coming off the flowing sites.

i probably could have done better. i thought 6 gallon pots were going to be big and yet i found out they are on the small side. yet, even now on the largest two plants there are 18 - 20 flowering stalks, some having 10 - 14 flowering sites/ nodes... the upper ones seem to be growing together.

overall, pretty pleased with the progress so far.

6. Pictures?

7. Well i figured it out so thanks but not..notceven a replay...all good my girls are gonnam be gorgeous when it's time

8. 3rd pic has a white pistole i can see it from here

[​IMG]

9. still working on how to take a good picture... here is the first interesting one i've gotten... pretty sure the flowers are still rather young.

fem03.jpg

10. this is the best shot i have of the last male standing... like i mentioned previously, at this stage, pretty easy to tell... they're all balls!
    male02.jpg

11. Get rid of that guy.. unless you want him

12. i was a bit torn... even though it is legal to grow in CA now, you still cannot buy plants or seeds. i literally lucked out the last time i procured some and every so often i was pulling out a mature seed accumulating about 15 seeds. not one to argue with fate, i decided to take a shot at seeing if they'd germinate. but then i figured that by next spring the state will get their sh*t together and i'll be able to buy clones so that last standing male became history last week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #1973 myrrhlynn, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    this is what i'm getting as growth for about 15-20 stalks per plant. each node is flowering and since they get closer together near the top, it looks like at least the top 6-7 flowers will eventually fill the gaps between them and appear like one big bud (sounds good already!). hopefully there is still plenty of time for more growth/ flowering. two more weeks until 13 hour days, then another month until 12/12...
    up up and away.jpg

14. Nice mann.. where neck & neck here
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Does this still look like a female [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. one of my plants is putting out a few flowers like this... hermaphrodite?

DSC_0015.JPG

17. Looks like it, you can try picking all the pods off now before they open

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. thanks, that's what i thought it might be. this is one of six potted plants outdoors on my deck. i am wondering what the chances are that this pollen will not hit every flower on every plant. frankly i wouldn't mind getting some seeds for next spring. the other idea i had was to somehow surround it with stakes and wrap around something like cheese cloth so the pollen might be isolated to the one plant.

19. Ohh man thats going to be a hermie all the way..

No saving it now..

Either u gone smoke swagg or get rid of it.. those are your only 2 options!!

If you wouldve picked them off a hell of alot sooner then “IT” (lol) probable wouldve stopped producing them but its too late now seems like theirs alot & they look pretty big too

Sorry man.. but swagg isnt too bad atleasy you grew it n you know what was used as far as for consumption not like ppl adding shit to make it stronger.. if it buzzez you, smoke it.. might only give you about 3-5% THC but that was enough back in the day lol

Sorry for rambling.. just make sure ur next run is better than the last!!