Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

(First time posting and in the midst of my first grow!)
    Made the flip several days ago.
    Just wanted to know if it's too early to tell or am I harboring a sausage-fest here....

Thank you in advance!
    And thank you for this forum! It is my go to app these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Too early IMO. Watch for long white hairs. Dead giveaway of a lovely lady.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ok so my preflowers have not changed in over a week. They look like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Everyone has said that it is too early to tell based off of the pics above. But, the other parts of my plant are growing and at the "tops" I am seeing hair like structures forming. Is this indicative of a female or do males do this also?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Here's another preflower I found today
    [​IMG]

5. I think we've got a winner!![​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. early female

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG] I cannot tell if this is a male plant or not
    Anybody?

8. Looks male need a better pics people. Most the pics insee here are blury which makes it hard or the lights all off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]
    Damn :( yea deep in my heart I knew it was a male. I gotta bring myself to cull it. Sorry for the blurry pic. Taking pics with an ipad in a small space is hard lol!
    Thanks a lot for your input will get rid of him tonight

10. Yeah thats a male if ya can stick hom out side collect some pollen if hes a good specimin if he smells even better some ppl have said its smokeable but unsure on that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. He's certainly stinky, but yea I'm in a bible belt state so that's a no go :(
    Thank you very much though!

12. [​IMG]
    This might be a 3rd male out of 10

13. Give that ine a few days theres a trick learnt and out of a possible 30 seeds i picked 8 7 turned out to be female havent tested it again since but i will try again with some regs and see if i get fems again

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mmmk how long do I have until they pose a risk of pollination? B the flower schedule started on may 28th

15. Once they show they will be a few days to a weel before they may open the flowers youll have enough time to identify and shift

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alright I'll keep an out for them for the next 3ish days and come back with a new pic. Thanks bro!

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    So I opened my tent today and checked on that potential male. They're Def pods, but with pistols growing out in the same area as well. So I guess it's a hermy? Is there anyway I can save this plant? Like pick off the pollen sacks? Lol! I just don't wanna take an absolute loss on this plant.

18. How many pollen sacks sounds full on hermie

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

19. Maybe like 2-3 sacks per stem, should I just pick them off or get rid of the plant?

20. Id get rid sounds full on hermie if you were like 5 weeks in with a few pods id say pick them off but with that many already you may miss one or 2 then youll have seeds but carrying a hermie dominant gene meaning the likely hood of have it do the same is likely was this a bag seed by any chance?