Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. those close up do not look like a male sac, it looks female to me..
    of course the pic is very blurry... if anything its a hermi..but all i see in these pics is female chracteristics... get some good shoots mate...

2. As requested... Currently have 4 females, and killed a male

Here's the male, RRF #1, yanked 18 days from seed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And heres the rest of the setup, all plants repotted.
    [​IMG]

A shot of the white hairs from RRF #3
    [​IMG]

And 3 of the 4 ladies (RRF #2, #3, and Mystery Kush #1

RRF #2
    [​IMG]

RRF #3
    [​IMG]

MK (Mystery Kush) #1 (She got nuteburned pretty bad, making a recovery though, slowly.)
    [​IMG]

3. Was the male that first set of pics you originally posted?

Keep an eye on the females for signs of being hermies

4. Yep it was! I will, and have been keeping an eye out. No nuts yet. What happens if one does turn hermie?

5. Depends how far along you are.

If it crops up very close to harvest some have said let it be since it doesn't affect potency and the seeds are sterile. I have no experience with that.

Mine cropped up about 3 weeks into flowering last grow and they had some nice buds forming. I had to watch these beautiful plants close for a couple days until I was sure then they got the axe. I believe at this point they can affect your crop negatively so it might be wise to get rid of them.

Unless you want to produce a bunch of feminized seeds.

Good place to look early on is the upper nodes for bell-pepper type pods etc...

6. I did everything like you said and then some. I tried every trick in the little book I have. If i want better pics i guess i have to get a better camera then HP Photosmart M547.

Here is what i got this time. I hope it is better, but i am thinking not really.

/pray

Attached Files:

7. Those pics aren't bad but I don't see anything that sexes them. Keep looking and be patient.

It will happen.

8. here are some pics of my plant. are these balls forming?

Attached Files:

9. I would watch these very closely for the time being. With magnification!

The nutsacks tend to form/develop in clusters- three is a knock-off for sure.

Once you get used to it you'll spot them right away.

Good pics too lol.

10. so i need help identifying or have i just jumped the gun they are 44 days old. And i think they are male. I don't know if this is the right place but it has to do with the problem i got.:confused:

Attached Files:

11. #91 Saaz, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    The second pic is the only one that I can see and not very clearly. Looks pretty suspicious to me. Chance of being a male. Keep checking on it but don't let it go too long.

Third pic= no for now.

Any male plants that left me scratching my head and going hmmmm? cleared things up within 24 hours and left no doubt. They develop pretty quick.

My understanding is the males tend to show sooner than the females. Seems to bear out IME.

12. Thanks i took it out of the box and put it in the window for now i don't want anything to happen if i can. I'll post more pics when something changes thanks for the help and quick.

13. ok male or not. can u tell me

Attached Files:

14. Are you fucking kidding... LOL?!

:p:hello:

(EDIT) One looks male- second pic. Jeezus.

15. I can hear them crying from here...
    You need more liht buddy... and that pic on the left is a male...
    both of them may be.. need a better pic of #1...

if you get ur light closer the wont stretch so much

16. [​IMG]

Pretty sure its male, just adding more to info pool.

17. G`day im hoping you can help me out with sexing some plants they are
    an outdoor grow approx 3months old still getting around 12hrs45mins of sunlight another three weeks till its exactly 12-12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I have the same question guys. how tall should my babies be before i switch to 12/12? Also. If anyone could give me some tips on how to cover up the smell, that would be great. As my plants get older they get more and more pungent. How do I mask the odor?

19. When from seedling can I theoretically take a cutting to clone?

20. As soon as 2 weeks into veg you can. Truth be told, Ive read most will say you can take a cutting as soon as you have a lower branch that has atleast 2 sets of leaves growing on it and is atleast 3 inches tall.

I currently have 8 plants now at 2 weeks of flowering in a micro sog, I'm starting to see what I believe to be pistils growing out on the upper branches on numerous plants which I assume is an early trait of a female? I know it is said to look for small balls in a set of 2 or 3 to see a male this early on without a magnifying glass, but on many pics I've seen it doesn't look like males show any pistils this early (although I could be seeing a pistil pod about to pop open and grow?) I need to get a cam so I can post pics damnit.