Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. I believe I would mist things down to hopefully hold any pollen. I’ll usually mist the plant when I cut it.

2. That sounds like good advice. Misting would certainly help 'glue' the pollen down while you work. I was able to gently pick up the pot and take it directly outside. I may wipe down the interior of the tent just in case.

Definitely gonna have to get better at this. I saw some one say that if in doubt, just remove it. And that if it's not an obvious female, it's going to produce seeds. Sounds like words of wisdom to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m no expert grower but chopping males is something I’ve had to unfortunately do a lot. I think I’m cursed. I usually get a trash bag or such and spray mist water in it, then mist the plant, cover it with the bag, and cut it at the ground. I’m careful putting it in the worm bin. It may be a bit paranoid overkill but I hate getting males.
    Be equally cautious of mold and mildew. That can be a painful surprise too.

4. I say make the wife says female. What does everyone else say?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Looks female to me, give it another 3-5 days.

6. I’m thinking this is male? IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2764.JPG IMG_2792.JPG

7. It looks like a hermi to me. I see what looks like both male and female parts. I can't tell for sure though. I do see pistils, which would be coming out of the female parts. But it looks like there are balls as well. You can probably get away with letting it go another 3-4 days, by which time it will be more obvious. It's just starting to flower, and it will take at least a few weeks for the male flowers to mature enough to release pollen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks!

9. #2352 JXAllen, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    After taking a second look at that first picture. I'm pretty sure it's a hermi. It definitly looks like balls forming below the flowering tops.
    IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2791.JPG

10. Thank you for the time I appreciate it! Live and learn!

11. Is this a calyx ? This plant is 6 weeks old on 18/6 light , all the others sexed already , no balls in sight but no pistils either [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

12. Hi everyone, I am a new member and I need help to recognize if this plant is male or female.
    For my previous two grows y bought femenized seeds and I did not have problems.
    But this time around I was not able to buy seeds, so I used some that I had saved from some weed I got from a close friend. So I do not know what I got this time around.
    The plant is 3 months old. Please let me know what you see...
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

13. Female.

14. Excelent! thanks for your help!

15. #2358 daoneied, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Could I get some assistance on sexing this plant. Don't need the number just trying to make sure it's a girl! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

16. Why do I feel like this feminized seed is becoming a man :(

Attached Files:

17. definitly male.