Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. I'll take a picture tonight of my re-veg if I remember. It's going very well for my first time. Getting nice and bushy. Been in re-veg for 3 weeks now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm thinking male based on photo #3. But maybe still too soon?

Attached Files:

3. Too soon to tell imo.. might just be a calyx that hasnt opened yet

4. But soon but is this a regular seed???

5. #2025 JXAllen, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Regular, bag seed, clone

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. So its a bag seed from a grower that had a 100%male in there G.room

And its a clone..... so the monther or father if its a clone surely you would know the sex as the parent plant would have shown sex or flowered surely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Funny story...... Seeds are Fruit of the Gods, I bought an oz of it that was lightly seeded. It was discounted because, seeds, and free seeds. I ended up with around 30 nice seeds. Here's the thing though.....don't know the source of the seeds. It's outdoor, so it could be male pollen or hermi pollen.
    So here's the "funny" part. My plan was, start 3 seeds, cut clones from the tops at 1 month, flower clones to determine sex. Well.....that didn't work out too well. Only one clone took and it took 3 weeks to show roots. So I'm just now getting to determine the sex of 1 of my 3 plants. The 3 "mothers" are in my veg tent. They all have very small preflower growths, but haven't shown signs either way.

Edit.. Here's a pic of the moms......sorry for purple....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright, here are a couple of shots of the whole plant. It's in a 1gal equivelent air-pot, 50/50 coco/pearlite. It was under a blurple for the first week, now under a HLG 100QB 3000k.
    First one is the day it went into 12/12.
    The rest are from today.
    and a regular color pic of the "moms" because....why not?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do your balls hang low? Do they jiggle to and fro?
    Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow?
    Can you throw them o'er your shoulder, like a continental soldier?
    Do your balls....hang.....low....

Well, It's a boy for sure! I'm ok with that. Still gonna cull it. But a true male should "in theory" mean it was pollinated by a male and not a hermi. Can anyone confirm this?

Attached Files:

10. Just culled it and the "mother." It felt wrong to kill such a nice looking plant. But, it gave me a great chance to strip away the leaves and get some shots of the structure and roots! I did a manifold, but not true mainline on it. Great plant and root growth. The 1gal fabric pots are completely full of roots. I'm going to need to transplant the remaining "mothers."

Attached Files:

11. Crap...think I've got a boy. Thoughts?

20181126_124905.jpg

12. Looks like it but give it a few more days

13. Putting these to flower today will be first time lights go out.. i hope the 4 unknowns are females fingers crossed 3 pineapple chunks 2 pineapple clones.. can i clone from a clone??[​IMG] IMG_0629.JPG

14. #2034 Alienmonkey76, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    First grow here and back again. Maybe first time paranoia but is this look normal or is it hermie? I believe the first but wanna check with the experts. Thanks
    I know the hps light is hard to see in but I figure you are looking at structure as opposed to color. Thanks everyone 20181204_202227.jpg

15. Thsts normal its preflower calyxs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks alot. Had me nervous.

17. No worries

• Like Like x 1
  18. My one plant has always stayed small and stubby, I nearly kulled it a few times. Now I see that it is flowing and it looks like a girl. It flowered long before any of my other bigger healthier plants have even shown signs of preflower.

My question is, is it a female or a hermie because there is no place in my garden for hermies IMG_20190114_162855.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Looks like a girl to me. Do you know if it is an Auto or not? Do you have lights on 12/12? Or are you growing outdoors?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. looking like you got a female by seeing the white hairs growing from the calyx's,, cant see any male pollen sacs ...mac..

• Like Like x 2