Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. I'm totally new to this but is this what I am looking for on a 5 week old plant? I suspect it might be new leaf babies but have not seen anything like it until now. Hoping so bad that this is a girl IMG_20181102_105824-01.jpeg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks like a girl from that photo, but it’s hard to tell what we’re looking at there. Can you post a few more from different angles?

3. Sure IMG_20181102_124927.jpg IMG_20181102_124848.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Funny a.f how u said it.. but also sadly tru!!
    ☹️

5. Does this look like female preflowers? My beginners guess is yes but looking for a professional opinion, thanks. 20181105_212745.jpg 20181105_212742.jpg 20181105_212844.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you for the confirmation. That's good to hear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nice detailed pic..

But too early that thing might open up into the calyx leaves give it a day or 2

8. Hey guys I need some help, i have some feminized seeds going, but one is showing what i think are Male signs, i will post some pics and if anyone can help is appreciated, first grow.

9. Yep, those are male flowers.

10. Its hermi now this can happen from non stablised seeds and being feminised raises that chance of hermi. If you can picm the ball off if there jnly a few of there all over kill the plant sorry to say but if full blown her.i it will seed all the other plants in your room and can even polle ate your next crop from left ocer pollen that could settle then be fine for months then dislode anx get o ya plants.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Lots can stress a plant not just light leaks if you chamge the times of day it can stress it not enough water too much water training/topping the list goes on.

Never heard of ace seeds when going with autos id deffo go for the best breeders like dutch passion, mephisto ,dinafem, sweet and fast buds seed there all good breeders
    With the first 2 the best in my opinion

12. The fact its feminised raises the risk

The way they feminise plants is stress full on the plant and this can cause her to male hermie seeds

When using colidial silver on plants they have to be in tip top condition.

Regular plants are less likely to hermie but not many breeders do regular autos im afraid

13. If thats open id spray it with water before moving it water strilies pollen.
    But if its only them 2 pick them off if there all over carefully remove the plant and cull it

14. I haven't been on here lately due to a new job keeping me busy however to follow up on this thread I did end up with 3 pollinated plants. two had way more seeds and one of my bag seed plants had very little seeds. I think the whole problem with this plant going hermie was my own fault (heat stressed) which has since been corrected. I have since harvested and collected my seeds and 3 dried oz from the plant with very little seeds. Now that being said that plant with very little seeds was a bag seed grow and is hands down my best high I've felt in a long time. So I re-vegged her (I didn't take clones the first time). I really wish I knew what strain that one was from the bag but i'll just come up with my own name for it :)

• Like Like x 2