Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Any Help? Both are around 8 weeks old. 10 Fold from Jinxproof Genetics. Would like to hold off on flowering for a few more weeks and LST more. Thanks for looking. This is my first grow.
    Plant #1.
    20180822_125447.jpg
    20180822_125435.jpg
    Plant #2.
    20180822_125704.jpg
    20180822_125732.jpg
    Plant #1 On Left #2 On Right 20180822_125802.jpg

2. Not sure about this.. personally i dont think this’ll work..

Its definitely going to get to them.. can even travel to the females on your person with out you even knowing its on your clothing..

Remove/move it far FAR away (isolate it) if you dont want a bunch of hermies.. one plant is enough to give you a shit-load of seeds for next yrs go you dont need to ruin your whole batch for this yr

3. one of my best... little chance i'll get rid of it...

22 Aug herma top.jpg

if this first shot at cultivation turns to seed, i'll just consider it an investment. i know the pedigree of these plants and from online prices i've seen so far, it will be well worth it. appreciate the advice, though.

4. No not get rid of it.. just saying theirs no need to mess up the females you do have.. im just saying to move it away.. far away

5. yup... i took care to move it away from my other two besties, but frankly my enclosed patio isn't the Ponderosa so about 8 feet is all i could manage. i did buy some cheese cloth yesterday and will put a Macgyver'd-up barrier around the lower flowers where the male buds are hanging out. at least it might help from having me spread the pollen as you said by just rubbing up against the plant.

here are a couple tops off that plant... even if it makes babies i can't see this being beat bud...

8-24-18 001.jpg
    8-24-18 002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. First time growing, first time posting. Hoping someone can confirm these are males. First 2 pics are plant #1 and last 2 pics are plant #2. Still waiting on 3 more to show signs. Hoping at least 2 will be ladies. Thanks for ur help GC. Screenshot_20180902-092102_Jane.jpg Screenshot_20180902-092058_Jane.jpg Screenshot_20180902-092028_Jane.jpg Screenshot_20180902-092013_Jane.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I’m hoping someone can help me out here. First time growing here. However I do know what a female plant looks like can someone please tell me what this is. Both pics are of the same plant. Trying to figure out what the little balls are. This is a Malawi x Northern lights Auto plant. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

8. Thats a male plant buddy those “balls” are pollen sacks.

Hope this helped!!

9. Well that sucks lol. I’ll have to email Ace seeds and see what they can do for me. These are feminized auto’s that I purchased from them. The other one is just fine that’s why the little balls caught my eye. Other than that she seems to be budding which is odd

10. If its budding & forming pistols.. it might not be a problem on “Ace’s” end.. you could of possibly stressed the shit out of it & caused it to hermie.. is their any light leaks in your flower space??

11. No light leaks at all. Did the stand inside test with lights out. Also if anything this is my healthiest plant out of three so I don’t know what I would have done to stress it. I’ll pull it just in case. Ill still have two left.

12. Hmm, not all genes are perfect maybe they f*c*ed that batch up..

13. It could definitely just be a messed up batch of seeds. Not necessarily your fault at all. Nature finds a way, and even feminized auto-flowers sometimes sprout pollen sacks.

14. About 8 weeks.. 5 days into 12/12. Disappointing to see it turn to be male. This plant was huge and preflowers looked awfully female. But new i was doomed the moment i saw some clusters. Guess i was just looking for a second oppinion for strength to murder him. Back to square one

15. 20180919_150301.jpg
    This is one of the lower nodes that had me thinking it was female at first. Tricky trickster plant lol

16. Yeah that’s a hermi alright

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. Can someone sex this for me !? Thought it was a boy then pistols started to grow
    upload_2018-9-20_16-58-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-20_16-58-41.jpeg

Attached Files:

18. It’s transgender

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2