Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tittyboi420, Mar 11, 2017.

1. I have two plants in their 7-8th week of veg that have under a 300w led. They are bag seeds. One is for sure a female and I saw pistils about two weeks ago but the other one hardly has any calyxes at all and the ones it does have are very small should I assume it's a male and toss it at this point or give it more time? I only have a week before going out of town for a week so I have to decide soon. Here is the one I think could be male. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Wait...dont give up on it.
    It can be hard to tell even a week into flower if a plants male.

3. I was planning on putting them into flower right before I leave on the 17th and have someone water them for me for the week but I don't think that person is gonna do well with spotting and removing a male during that time if need be or at least I don't wanna risk it. If I switched the lights now do you think I could get a sex by next Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. It takes a few weeks for males to be able to pollinate so i think you would be good until you get back