Sexing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Communistic, Mar 29, 2013.

1. How do you tell what sex your plant is befor flowering starts?
    Whats is preflowering? does that mean its starting to flower or is that how we find out what sex it is?
    Im new if you didnt notice so take it easy, not completely dumb but this preflowering and sexing for outdoors is what im stuck at please help. Thanks in advance!

2. You can't tell gender before they go into flower. I think preflowering is when you briefly put the plant on 12/12 until it shows sex then back to 18/6. Not 100 percent sure though

3. Pre flowers forming just shows sexual maturity of the plant meaning it is ready to bud whenever you want to put the light to 12/12, or when the light outdoors starts declining enough to flower.

4. Will a plant keep vegging if the light never changes? Were I live it's almost exactly 12/12 year round give or take 30 minutes

5. Thanks for the answer so if im growing outdoors and like in a month preflowering occurs that doesnt mean its going into flowering right? and when does preflowering occur usualy?

6. Incorrect, I sex before flower all the time. No cuts, no light switch....just preflowers.

7. [quote name='"NarwhalHunter"']

Will a plant keep vegging if the light never changes? Were I live it's almost exactly 12/12 year round give or take 30 minutes[/quote]

12/12 won't be enough to keep it in veg. It would veg until mature enough to flower

8. [quote name='"Communistic"']

Thanks for the answer so if im growing outdoors and like in a month preflowering occurs that doesnt mean its going into flowering right? and when does preflowering occur usualy?[/quote]

It means it is mature enough to flower. Once you get pre flowers you get to decide to keep vegging it or go ahead and flower. You can start to see it around 4-6 weeks

9. Thanks for the quick response guys. when looking at light cycle for outdoors do you count in twilight time or just sunset to sunrise?