Sexing my plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by esoterick, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I'm very new to this - can anyone tell me the sex of these plant(s) from the pics? I can get better quality/close-ups if that will help.

Attached Files:

2. Way to early to tell when did u plant them

3. The one in front of your finger looks like the start of a single seed calyx (sometimes hermis), notice 'no' hairs, meaning a he/she or male. :(

4. To early to tell. You can not determine the sex of MJ untill its in flowering. When it does happen its very noticeable and completely different. Males have little ball sacs and look nothing like all the pictures you prolly have seen of MJ.

5. If you're asking it's too early to tell.. Yeah

6. This forum is awesome. Kudos to all members - you've been extremely helpful. I wasn't sure if i should post this as a separate thread or not so to avoid unnecessary posts the update to the conversation will hopefully be enough to spark interest.

One plant has been identified as a hermie with 100% certainty. Two males have been killed. The remaining are flowering beautifully, but as I am green in this field, I'm looking for help from the more experienced with next steps.

I've included several picks from a couple different plants. Because this wasn't planned in accordance with my recent marriage, I did not foresee the conflict of my belated honeymoon and harvest time. I'm leaving the states for 6 days on November 2nd.

Based on the development of the plants, how soon do you think they should be harvested? Should I go to great lengths moving them to another location so they can continue to grow and harvest them when I get back? Should I harvest them before I leave and leave them hanging for the six days?

From my research, I'm well aware that there a point of diminishing return (as far as THC levels are concerned), but is there the same loss if they harvested earlier than would be ideal (for maximum weight)?

Again, you guys kick ass. Thanks in advance for any HPS light you can shed on my situation.

Attached Files:

7. more pics

Attached Files:

8. Should I create a new thread?

9. I'll bump it and peeps can see you got a different q.

Pic4 is awesome, pic the yellow leaves before your next pics. But those will be ready in another mo, imo.