Sexing help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zero13skater, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hello all,

New to the forum so welcome all! I wanted a little bit of help figuring out if I'm looking good, or looking at a restart. It's about a week into flowering at this point, (was going to wait for preflowers in veg, but anticipation got the best of me, so at 3 weeks i switched to 12/12). Im getting some pictures ready now, camera will not charge fast enough.

So far I have not seen any pistils, ive been using an eye doctors magnifying lense (15x) and also just starting taking pictures. At the very tip, where the 7th node and 8th has started, i think i am starting to notice the "balls"

Would these start showing in the lower shoots or first appear at the tip?

Thank you!!

2. You do not need a magnifying lenses to tell the sex, if there are small balls near the pistils then it is male, if their are white pistils coming out of the green pistil, then it is female. If both, its a hermie. Dont know where they first appear, but my male has small ones on the bottom and the biggest balls at the top.

3. in my expeience pistils start out t the very top, and work their way down.

no need for a magnifying glass, you can tell with the naked eye.

if you think its a male, dont look for an individual ball looking thing, a male will have CLUSTERS of balls.

4. this was solved i double posted in sexing after realizing this wasnt the best spot, full blow male just very early signs. my top "cola" was dense like a bud exept the fact it was full ball sacks smackin ma face.

ty all. everything i read said check 4th node check 4th node, then that grew a branch off the fan leave, it seemed like it was getting to tall to fast anyway, OH WELL! start over w/ bigger n better thang :)