Sexing from bagseed.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rainstony, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I decided I'm gonna start my first indoor grow with CFL's. I've got my idea on assembling and building everything. Fans, lignts, etc. I have a question on sexing though. I had some really good bagseed that I got and it had about 10 badass seeds in it. Since its bagseed I want to grow 4-5 plants , sex them, then pick out the best looking female (if any, or more than 1), My question is, While I'm vegging all the plants, do I need to turn the light cycle on 12/12 so I can sex the plants early? I was gonna take the female I choose and just leave it by itslef and turn the lights back on 18/6? Is this how I would do it?

2. The best way to figure out the sex is to let the plant mature...after 5-6 weeks (depends on the strain) in the veg cycle, the plant will begin to spit out 'preflowers.' You'll either see lil hairs(female) or a small ballsac(male) sprouting from the nodes.

That is easier that flipping the lights over to 12/12 for a week and then flipping back to veg...doing that can stress the plants, but some people have had some great success with it.

If you want to veg for a long time, I suggest just waiting it out in the veg light cycle for several weeks.

It's all up to you, dude. If you want to jump the gun and find out early, switch to 12/12 and at the first sign of sex organs, flip it back over to 24/0 or 18/6 (whatever cycle you use)...

3. That is what I did with my bagseed grow. :rolleyes: Those preflowers just popped up and no need to change anything. It is difficult to be patient but it pays off...

4. I have decided to do this after reading today. I decided to do a LST grow. Looks a lot more beneficial with tight spaces. It was size I was worried about. But I'm gonna let it preflower now.