Sexing and Flowering outdoor question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rc37, Aug 4, 2013.

1. hello, this is my first post on here, i try to do all my research before asking but im stumped on two questions that i couldnt find. so, this is my first grow, and i have this female plant, i planted it kinda late (june 7th) and i live in cali, im not exactly sure how to tell when i should start feeding flowering nutes.. also should i introduce the nutes slowly? like half strength at first? the first pic is my female plant (xj13)

second question, my friend brought over a plant (some berries strain) that had been in a really small pot, no nutes, and incorrect hours of sunlight because they had it on a porch and it didnt get the full sun light. it doesnt have hairs or anything and also no balls (that i can tell) ive tried looking for signs.. but im worried it may be male and will mess with my only good female plant i have. im not sure if i took a good enough picture for you to tell what sex it is so if u need another pic of something please let me know, i took a picture of where i thought the balls should be (second picture).. but im inexperienced..

thank you for reading and sorry for the stupid questions lol

Attached Files:

2. #2 Spid3r mite, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Looks like pic #2 could be male but it's not very mature. I'd give it a little more time.

Pic #1 is just starting flower a lot of people mix 50% bloom 50% veg nutes for their first in flower feed.

Personally I think that would prevent any deficiencies but you're probably safe just going straight to flower nutes.

3. thank you for your help. so because it was in a tiny pot and not correct sunlight and no nutrients do you think that caused it to not show signs of sex? and so i can start using bloom then? after i introduce it

4. It may just be really young. I see some healthy leaves there so I wouldn't say lack of nute had effect. Small pots and low sun can both slow growth but it should still mature.
    Yes go ahead with the bloom on your plant in flower. For the other one use veg until it shows and hope those are pistils forming not balls :D

thanks alot sir!

6. also it isnt young, its like 3 months old.. its just as old as my female (2 or 3 months) and i dont see any signs

7. Those are balls forming 100% for sure. Its showing all kinds of signs. Classic crab claw. Pull it or save or for seeds your call.

8. Damn my best plant has that :'(

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 Shifty007, Aug 5, 2013
    No doubt man its your "best" plant cause its a tall, vigorous, and sturdy.......male Lol. Sorry for the bad news hopefully you got some backup.

10. 2 weak more pathetic plants ;-) they are showing no signs as of yet though

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. how do u know its a male 100%? 

12. Because whatever that growth in the nodes are sure ain't bud.  You can still give it another week to be sure.

13. im not sure how it works with male making polinating the female.. i wont have any risk of that?

14. No, it'll still be a week or two before the male will start pollinating.  Personally, I don't waste anytime or effort on suspected males.  If a plant starts to pre-flower and it's not easily identified as female I pull it.  It doesn't have to show hairs, but if it isn't shaped like a tear drop it is not female.

15. #15 rc37, Aug 5, 2013

true! i know what u mean, but it is only only big plant out of 2 because i planted late, ill give it like half a week then ill just pull it, what would be the best use for it? can i use it for edibles? theres not even enough thc is there?

16. If your not making seeds trash it man. Its not good for anything.

alrighty, thank you!