Sex

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lokei360, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Whats the earliest pistils or balls can start coming in? Like 3-4weeks after it pops out the soil?

2. No u have to drop to 12 n 12 to show sex

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats not accurate at all. I know that much.

4. regular seeds you have to start the budding cycle to see the sex..usually by day 15 of flower if not earlier you'll see pistils or ballsack......with auto flower it depends...as they will automatically show sex at a pre determined size...depending on the genes..

good luck good grows and keep.us posted

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. most if not all auto flower is already female **

6. Well I only buy females so it don't concern me but my last plants were vegged for 12 weeks but not sign of sex untill 12 n 12

7. Okay makes sense

8. This color look normal to yall? Kinda purple stems and lighter green toward the middle.
    20170630_155622.jpg
    20170630_155351.jpg

9. Photo hasn't loaded but I've had photo problems on here for days purple can mean stress but can me cold temps on night how old are ur plants what u feeding them etc

10. Try inboxin me the photo

11. what's the name of the strain in the pics? they look ok...the purple is probably genetic....probably...but more info is needed a lot more to be sure...

• Like Like x 1
  12. It was a bagseed. Dude i got it from said its either skywalker something, or something else idk. It did have a bad transplant and is now out of shock. I was rough on a couple leaves and tried cleaning them and they just ended up uglier lol. Just been feeding water. Grow area stays between 75-85F.

13. They will actually start showing preflowers between 6-8 wks of veg if the plant healthy and mature. These are female preflowers that showed on some of mine at week 6. My lighting was 18/6. Didn't have to flip.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I know now to get feminized seeds. All bout genetics haha I got every one of these shipped to me for free
    20170630_161118.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Exactly. You should be able to see preflowers on many strains about the time the leaves start staggering instead of growing in pairs. This is normally 6-8 weeks.

First grow using cfls.

• Like Like x 1
  16. true an over vegged plant will show something at or around 40 days of Veg some even sooner ...I've never vegged that long though and unless the situation demands it ...you shouldn't have to...

keep us posted and good growing homes

• Like Like x 1
  17. Can u see pics like for days i.just get broken symbol

18. You will see sex in veg if you know what you are looking for.i can tell around day 50 from seed.or you could cut a clone earlier put that on 12/12 and you will know the sex of the plant you took the cutting off.good luck with your grow

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 6 weeks is over vegged? Most would disagree. Why say that he had to flip to 12/12 to see when in fact that isn't the case. Wrong info could cause him more issues if he flips too early and decides that he actually wanted to veg longer. Then we'll be answering another thread about, I flowered too early, can I put my plant back into veg? Then it's the next one. I'm revegging my plant. Why do my leaves look wierd?

20. So i notice everyone is different. Veg starts after it gets the first set of leafs? Or more when it starts rapidly gaining new growth instead of working on building up bigger roots. Like how many days into veg am I? Lol