Sex of plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TEC09, Feb 13, 2017.

1. So this is a milestone grow for me as I've never before successfully grown a plant to this point. I'm seeing some changes in my eldest plant amd would like to know if what I'm seeing are pollen sacs. Is this plant male? Any guesses as to the strain or is that something I'd have to wait until flower to know? Whatever strain this is my remaining seeds are likely the same. I'd like to know if possible to help me care for them. Thanks in advance. Pics attached. Fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

2. O boy... It's a boy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damn. Feared as much. That makes me so sad. He's so beautiful. So all I can do is throw him away now? Such a beautiful plant. A real shame. This was my winner out of the gate. Survivor....it figures the first one I'd have success with would be male. Thanks for the quick reply. Moving him outside until I hear word if there's anything I can use him for sonce thc is out of the question. To invest in him so much just to leave him to die now seems wasteful and sad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea there's really nothing to gain unfortunately :( you did gain expierence though!!! You could keep him alive if you wanted for a science expierement kinda thing to help learn to grow but there's really no sense. Sorry to give you the news

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sadly there i nothing you can do with him. Also there is ZERO way to tell the strain of a plant by looking at it. When you get a female just go and give it some funky random name like .....Hells Breathe or Momma's panty dropper.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks (and damn) but better to know right? Just pulled him out. Just started showing so do I need to worry that he pollenated anything? Can't see sex on the others yet but don't wanna keep investing in them if there's a chance they'll just drop seeds.

7. I appreciate the news early. I literally just cut one of the branches off. I'll put it in lucite to remember my lost male. I took lots of pics. He will be remembered. Wish I knew the strain. He was aggressive and hearty. Sprouted early,grew well and fast. Not fussy...quite easy. Helped me learn a lot.

8. Yea first couple go arounds with growing are tough. I know my first couple weren't pretty. Good thing you have others. As time goes on you'll learn so much more. Just keep reading and keep it simple. I found the less I did for my plants the better luck I had if you can believe it

9. I'm learning that too! I overwatered, used nutes too soon,lost a few to rapid rooter plug mold issues, used HIDs too soon...been through every early goof up already. Any plant older than this one is new territory now. I hope they get easier as they get older. Biggest fear now is preventing light leaks during flower. Will burn that bridge when I finally sucessful enough to get there.

10. Nah light leaks aren't a end all type thing. It won't ruin your crop but it won't help make it better that's for sure. It could lead to hermies but I wouldn't stress to much. I know it discouraging but your first batch probably won't be the best smoke anyways. So just focus on closing out a grow. Don't get hung up on making everything perfect. Your thinking too hard like I've done haha

• Like Like x 1