Sex... male... female, i really cant tell... help (week 3 of flower)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iNeedPot, Feb 26, 2014.

1. #1 iNeedPot, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    It's my first grow and I can't tell whether these 3 plants are male or female... They're 40 days old (Vegged for 3 weeks and been flowering for almost 3. (Day 19 of flower)

Attached Files:

2. What pic is what plant first

3. You may have both sexes. The one with pod like balls are males, the ones that have white hairs are females.

4. My plant took 9 days after flip to show sex. That was with 4 weeks of veg in high brix soil

5. so how do i sex them?

6. Just keep looking for white hairs or balls! I cant tell with those pics. Sorry dude

7. #7 4ala2sk0a, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Check out the sexting guide, it shows early pre flowers.
    They can be really small, look closely, up and down every node.

Pic 2 shows female parts if im not mistaken.

8. The first 10 pics are 1 plant. the other pictures is also one plant, I took pics of 2 plants only. It was frustrating to get a close-up shot

9. @dirtyhibrix @4ala2sk0a Ok... what happens if I fail to sex them correctly? Do I hurt the crop?

10. If the male pollen sacks open it pollinates the crop, thus growing seeds. A successful pollination can yeild hundreds of seeds...and no weed. (If you let them grow)

11. What i would do is over the next few days keep a real close eye on them if you can. Like check them every few hours. Once you see translucent white hairs anywhere on the plant then youre good to go. If you see small clusters of what looks like sacs or even just one here and there, you have a male. But you gotta check the plant all over! And wear latex gloves to handle them please. Youll have about a week after the onset of male parts to remove it from your grow before it actually has the ability to mate (spread pollen). Look up pics of male pollen sacs and female pistils and keep a close eye for the two!!

12. The third plant has a white hair here and there, not too many but it does have randomly here and there, they started at the top of the plant

13. Look closely in the back. You see two lil white hairs. One is kinda bent. If you see that congrats! Keep a close eye dude

Attached Files:

14. I couldn't tell either, but I did not see any male parts which is a good sign.  As others have stated you only want the female plant for herb.  The male plants have no THC. Good luck, the plant/s look good.

15. I'll keep an eye on them I guess... The worst of the worst I'll have a few dozens of seeds that I can plant in solo cups and then transplant them secretly in people's gardens, and everyone will have to deal with the fact they're growing Marijuana subconsciously. 

16. Just keep an eye on them. As long as you don't see "dicks and balls", you're in good shape. Here's a pic of the "hair", aka pistil, you're looking for. Mine showed up at the top first.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. DEVELOPMENT!! THOUGHTS??

Attached Files:

18. ^^
    Pics 2 thru 7 are MALE buds that will be opening soon, &  with pics 1 & 8 the light/color just a little to "off" for these old eyes...
    GL

19. Shit. I'll take a couple of more pics now and let me know please.
    Pic 1 & 8 are the same plant. 2-7 are a different plant. Male buds about to open? No smoke then?? fuck

BRB taking some pics dont go anywhere

20. #20 iNeedPot, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    @[member="munkyzunkl"]

Attached Files: