sex at 24 days?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tomascat, Dec 25, 2011.

1. noobe here rearranging the grow room and after close inspection could i possibly be able to detect sex? cant get pics with my nothin, pos phone but the girls(hopefully) are only 3 1/2 - 4 " tall. another thing is they are producing more like clusters of leaves than 2 opposing each other. sucks not being able to show pics ... anybody have a clue? more curious than anything cuz ill wait to be sure

2. ...I take it your still in veg, and yes your plants will show their sex during veg if you let them veg long enough. A female will show split white pistils (2 white hairs), a male will show clusters of balls....you can't tell male/female from the leaves alone. hth.

3. my bad, i meant 24 days from seed so yeah, in veg for a while yet

4. I am growing 2 Northern Lights Feminized plants right now and had 1 of them show pistols on day 26 from seed (about 7 1/2" high)...I was very surprised to see this but was informed by the seed bank that this can happen to plants that are exposed to extreme heat or light, which mine unfortunately were...the plant is now in second week of flower and looks great though, so I wouldnt be concerned.

5. thanks smokes, i wont be concerned then if uve experienced a similar situation.. im hamstrung anyway , im here to see if if i can apply the expert advise ive gleened from the pros here...