Severely stunted plants!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420Blazin24/7, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Also try upping you percentage of perlite, more air flow equal faster growth. What I have learned is you want you soil to where you can Effortlessly Stick your finger through it

2. What soil do u use? Everyone seems to use fox farm and happy frog buy I have quite a few pots to fill so I don't really have money to fill all the bags with expensive soil I'm going to try and mix some compost with perlite and a garden soil

3. Yes but the coir holds onto the water an allows for way better aeration than topsoil (very dense) and compost (only fair water retention)

4. Forgot that just a little more perlite would be helpful too. Maybe bring it up to 30% total volume.

5. So should I just get rid of topsoil all together and not use it?

6. Maybe try coco or some other type of growing soil

7. The coco coir is expensive for 1.5 cubic feet but then again how much does 1.5 cubic feet of soil look like?

8. I using a mix of perlite and vermiculite with 20% compost at the moment, I just strain out all the sticks that are in the compost

9. Top soil compacts the soil and suffocates, I killed some seedling messing with top soil

11. I also use bottled nutes in a hempybucket style

12. I can't go to a store and ask someone what is the best stuff to grow marijuana in because of a certain location I'm in so I need as much help as I can get before I buy everything I'm gonna use

13. Marijuana isn't the only thing that grows dude. Just ask for tomatoes or basil or any other plant.

14. Look up hempybucket it is perfect for beginning your grow journey , it's so easy and you can learn a crap load

15. Idk if that is for me in my situation

16. If you mean outdoors they work great too but I add some soil to my buckets

17. Man I hope I can pull of a good grow for the ones I'm about to plant

18. Holy shit! When did you start flower? Your a pro.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. UPDATE: I bought a yard of 50/50 compost and when it gets here I bought a 34 quart bag of perlite to ad to the entire yard

20. My bad it is 50/50 topsoil and compost