Severe Transplant shock. How much is normal?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Budzilla83, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Some quick info:

1 3ft plant, unknown species
    Sun Systems 400 Watt MH
    10 gallon Deep water culture
    12/12 light
    2/3 strength nutrient solution to compensate for very low humidity in AZ.
    78 degree water and 80 agree room temp.

OK… I had the plant in a basket that it out-grew like crazy. I moved it up to a 8” basket 3 days ago. I know some wilting is normal… but I have lost about 1/3 of my leaves and more are on their way out. The top half of the plant looks good, nice and dark green and leaves are not wilted. Here's some pics to help. Is this normal amount of wilt? I was very care during the trans plant. I don't think I broke any major roots and it stayed wet the whole time. Any ideas?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The good :cool:
    [​IMG]

As you can see the branches on the right side are hanging way down. Whats my luck of recovering from this? Thanks in advance!

2. and... i just switch from a 6 bulb floro set up to the 400w MH. Would this have any effect on it as well?

3. #3 TexarkanaTim, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Could just be shock or it could be a nute problem. I know its a pain in the ass, but you could run them in plain water for a few days to flush out, then go back to a nute solution. You should see a change within a week or so, especially in hydro. Keep the new light quite a distance away for a few days to allow the plants to adjust.

4. Yeah, I did a %50 water change and will do another %50 tomorrow.

I have the light about a foot and a half. Maybe 2 to 2 1/2'? I'm new to the MH lights.

5. Came home for lunch today and found more leaves dropping off. I lost about 1/3 to 1/2 of the leaves in the last 3 1/2 days.... but the top half looks great. I don't get it. :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top half looks ok. tips were burnt from a mixing mistake, but now corrected.

6. More carnage... lost about %50 more fan leaves. the roots are an off-white color. used to be bright white. no nutes at all now. anyone????? did i kill this thing????

from today's leaf drop:
    [​IMG]

branches are drooping like crazy. looking worse by the hour. :(
    [​IMG]

HELP!!!!

7. #7 max11max, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009

I cant see any of the pics, just red crosses.

How far away is the MH bulb, should start it off about 2ft+ away when swapping from CFL to MH and transplanting.