Severe case of overwatering. NEED HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hi! Last time I watered was wednesday 5 days ago.

The bottom of the 3 gallon pots is still moist and my plants are dying.
    The small ones are at day 14. Big ones are at day 21.

Im performing LST on the big ones and Im not watering since last watering (5 day ago).
    Im growing in soil less medium.HP pro mix

The light is 20" away from the plants and i poked holes at the bottom of the pots and elevated them so that air could flow under.

Temp is at 84-85 degrees.
    Humidity is at 30%

Those are northern lights auto fem.

Anyone knows what I should do?.... please help.

Attached Files:

3. btw, the plants are all green, one of them seems to be more green but its just because of the light angle (I had the tent door opened for that one)

4. #4 Rezerg, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Looks fine man. They're in fabric pots? put them a couple inches off the ground so they aren't sitting in water but you dont need the holes. One of them looks like extreme burn from nutes so the dirtless medium is probably still too hot. Flush it with pure water with no nutes just ph'd water assuming your water is good. Water the hell out of the burned ones. Like 3 gallons of water needs to drain out of the bottom. The first gallon that drains out, use an TDS meter and ph meter to determined if its running too high in something. If you don't know how, google how to use TDS, EC and PH.

Stop any further LST until they recover. keep them staked wehre they are currently but dont force them any further. let them recover from the other stress first.

you need to get your temps to 70-75 degrees.
    Humidity should be at about 45-55%

what is your medium made out of and what are your nutes?

In fabric pots, over watering should be the least of your worries unless your soil is holding too much water for some reason...

5. Temp is way too high. Northern Lights like it a bit cooler.
    So a good temp it should be at is about 68 degrees.

6. Its only for the soil to dry off

7. This isnt a nute burn. i've given half dosage of Flora Nova growth. Only once.
    Plus the soil is a HP PROMIX Soil less medium
    The brownspots are related to overwatering. I've raised the temp only so that the soil would dry off.
    Once the soil will be less moist I'll set the temp back to a steady 75f.
    Right now I'm just trying to fix this.
    The pots are elevated off the ground so air can flow, temp is higher and humidifier is off.

anything else I can do?

8. #8 Rezerg, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    What kind of fabric pots are you using? I use soil and coco in fabric and I can water every other day if I want to. Promix is suposed to be very high draining as well.

Currently you are heat stressing the hell out of your plants. That's why they are pointing everywhere. Watering is not your issue because not all of them are getting brown spots unless you're not giving them all the same amount of water. The one with brown spots COULD be overwatered, but its so stressed that its impossible to tell. It could also be phosphorus deficiency, Boron or even Mag deficiency. Somewhere along the line you're giving your plants too much or too little of something.

Are you using a folier spray with nutes in it by chance? Stop doing that. That can also cause spots. Especially when you have it so damn hot.

Q&A with Jorge: Spots On Leaves – MarijuanaGrowing.com

9. well even the small plants are having brown spots (related to overwatering)

10. im using rootpouches

11. i have grown lots of strains and 85 is fine for a closet or tent i doubt its your tempatures too hot is more in the 90 range but i would throw in a circulation fan because the girls like it closer to 75 or 70 some strains prefer more heat or cold than others. and how often do u water and how much nutes are u giving also what nutes?

12. I give half a teaspoon for 2L of water.
    Last time I gave 1L of water to each plants.
    Next time i'll give 0.5L of water since this is an overwatering problem and the drying has issues.
    I have 2 6'' clip fans in the back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Temp is at 81f
    Heres the setup.
    I spoke with a friend and he told me that things would get back to normal with some time without watering.

Attached Files:

14. you arent running the fans 24/7 or with your lights? and is that a mh or hps?

15. also how often do u water

16. You friend is correct. Give your plants time to dry out before watering again. After you water get the feel of the weight of the pot's that way you'll know just by the weight when to water again or just stick your finger into the soil you'll know when it fells dry.

Best Of Luck

17. I don't think it's overwatering at all. Pro-Mix HP is a peat based soilless mix with plenty of added perlite for good drainage. If you treat a soilless medium like soil you will eventually develop problems. Soilless mediums should be fed regularly to run off - if you don't feed to run off and also let it dry you will develop salt build up. Also, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think peat has a very low pH - which could also contribute to nutrient deficiencies.

18. 24/7 like the lights.