Several hermies. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by napalmhero, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Almost two weeks into flowering and I have 5 confirmed hermies and a possible 6th. Out of 21 total. This is my first time growing and I want to know. Can I dry them and mix them with the others when I dry them? Would it change anything about the final product? Also I have one that has a few balls on one branch and none on the others. Would it be possible to cut that little bit off and it stay a female? It has lots of buds starting.

2. i think the hemie weed would only be good for hash and oil as it would produce less thc and more seeds

but i do wonder myself about hermies i supposed they would be ok if you chopped the balls off once you saw them

added stress to the plant more healing time i could seeing it making a full transformation to male after that

alot of people seem to get hermies in there grows and do want to keep them because it's there first sucess even if it's only half baked

someone should invent a sugar coating spray or non toxic chemical to keep those pollen sacks from opening cause no one wants to lose there crops to hermie pollen but no one wants to kill there babies even if they are sexually frustrated

3. Could always do seed run

4. With hermies, you can treat them just like anything else in your crop once you're drying them. To produce seed, the plants need energy. Once the branch is severed from the plant, there will be no more energy production. So there shouldn't be any seed production due to cross pollenization between your hermies and your all female crop once they are drying. The only thing it's going to do with your final product is potentially leave some seeds and more than likely some pollen.

Rkilla is mostly right. Hermies are generally used for hash or oil. All the growers I know (including myself) will start by removing the rest of the hermies from the sensimilla crop, and either isolate them, or depending on exactly how bad they are looking, killing 'em.

Even if it is your first grow, I would take the highest quality crop you can get versus the bigger yield. Just my two cents.

5. rip all the pollen sacks off the hermies

6. I was going to suggest removing the pollen sacks if possible, too. As soon as you see them, remove them.

7. come on now you still got 15 that dont appear to have turned. i had the same thing happen to me a couple crops ago i got rid of a couple crops ago. i got rid of a few and took of the shit branches off the others this was at 2 weeks, then 5 weeks later i still decided to kill them because they seemed to be hermafing again! personally i wouldnt risk it! im pretty sure the ones i took out at 5 weeks still messed with the others in the room because i rarely get any seeds and i had a few! not to mention i didnt yeild as much as usual!

8. I've had hermies, stress and light leaks will give u alot more hermies. Remove all male balls. All of them and they come back daily FTW.