seven weeks bloom howmuch longer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jovanniet, Aug 26, 2016.

1. I dont have a lope and dont really plan on getting one im guessing these plants have sativia due to that its been in bloom for seven weeks and still dont look near done anyone have a good estimate of how many more weeks i only want to keep it for 2 more really but ill keep it longer if i have to 20160826_124030.jpg

2. It sure looks like it has a week or two left to me. Lots of white hairs still. Read the first thread sticky in the harvest section. Most of the pictures are missing but it's a well written guide on how to tell when to harvest. The trichome method is just one of the tools you should use. It's more about the overall look of the plant. It will take on a "done" look when it's ready to cut down. Strains vary quite a lot on harvest time and some regularly go up to 10-11 weeks. It also depends on how your grow went and your methods how fast it matures.
    A guide on when to harvest.
    "Now alot of people will tell you that you should harvest based on the colour of your trichomes. But (again, in my opinion) that is far too simplistic and there are too many variables to make that an effective strategy. I've made that point a million times before and i'm not going to re-hash it here,(maybe just a bit) but rest assured there is more to the picture than just trich colour.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die."

• Like Like x 2
  3. "" i only want to keep it for 2 more really but ill keep it longer if i have to ""
    I am Psycho not Psychic . But with a Sativa it could be up to 12 more weeks , likely 7.more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's hard to guess at this stage with such a long flowerer. I've had sativas flower for 16 weeks in the past, so you could have a further 9 weeks to go. The upside to this is the yield will be huge

5. Ive had these for months thou grown from seeds and i wasnt really planning to have a kid but hey what can you do so ima need to room back soon and the plants and smell gone i really hope it dont take that long or ima have to harvest premo

6. 2
    20weeks bloom??

7. About four lower fan leafs yellowed out and fell off so far i really hope it only needs along as you said and not like the other guys below said I'd hate to do all that work for premature weed im going to need to clear the room in about a month due to the fact my first sons almost here :jump:and it already complicates thing with her nose being more sensitive and all sorry if im rambling im just stoned lmao anways what would you think the max time would be looking at the nugs? I can send a full plant pic if needed

8. First of all congratulations on your Son! It gets complicated if you make it that. I know with your little boy coming really soon, is going to put pressure on you! Just don't over think anything, or make things complicated it's hard with your son coming! The only thing you could do is wait and see what happens. I didn't even see a picture of you plant or plants lol cause they scrapped on your page. But from what GG and other people mentioned above I think you'll be okay! The Best of Luck with your Son and Grow! Post a Pic if you can. Btw: you don't have a Loupe or Microscope on your phone you can buy a Good one depending on how good of a phone you have. Or if you have a dollar store near by, you can buy a magnifying glass. It beats eying it IMO.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. By 9-10 weeks you could probably cut it down if you have to and it wouldn't be a huge lose not letting it go further. You're just missing out on more. Give it as long as you can.

10. I got some seeds of a strain called old timers haze by ace seeds. Anyone heard of it?

It's 100% sativa, it's pure haze. 16-20 weeks flower time. I'm going to be starting it next year in January, it won't be harvested till December/January... going to be one long ride

• Like Like x 1
  11. Th
    Thank youu and where would the phone thinngs be sold at? Only online? I got an s7 so that should work on it heres a pic too and thank you again

12. 20160827_135329.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dangg i bet thats gunna be some kick ass smoke

14. Also if it helps any the plants sourdiesel

15. Now I could see your plant! Looks Nice! Go to apps and they have microscopes and Magnifying glasses on there. Some are for free some Good ones my cost a $1 or $2. You have a Samsung 7? If so that's a good phone and will be able to check Trichomes at least so you know if there clear, cloudy or amber. But check it out and let me know.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. I will definetly need to buy a magnifine glass when im near a store i couldnt really get a decent picture with the fan going and all i tried thou lol 20160827_175853.jpg 20160827_175926.jpg

17. If your lower leaves are yellowing, it could be a nutrient deficiency sign and that can slow the maturing process.

Congrats on the little one. It sounds like you have your priorities in order, well done on that.

All you can do is let it go for as long as you can and you will get what you get. No need to worry about it. It's not as if you have any choice really

I have several magnifiers and microscopes and I have to admit that this little thing is one of the best ones I have and it was £2

[​IMG]

The right hand side barrel is the lenses and the left hand side is the light, which is extremely bright for its tiny size. I thoroughly recommend getting one

Edit...
    This one is just £1.31 including delivery
    60X HANDHELD MINI POCKET MICROSCOPE LOUPE JEWELER MAGNIFIER LED LIGHT MORDEN

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Robbie714, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    I have the something similar but does the same thing. I payed $10 for mine at a Hydrostore. [​IMG]It's Pretty Cool! You can see Trics great with that. You only payed not even $1.50 Usd for that GoldGrower Good deal. Mine has a clip for a cell phone that's the only difference. But seem concept.
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Robbie714, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Yeah it don't look like the phone gets close enough, that's probably at x10 if that. If you order online you may get it in 3 to 5 days. For $2 you can't beat that. Plus fast shipping, unless you go to a store and buy a magnifying glass. Just make sure it's at least x30 or better on the magnifying glass you buy. Good Luck She's Looking Nice

20. the answer is in my signature of course!!
    vvvvvvvvv