setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoakyz, Feb 5, 2006.

1. hey, this is my first attempt indoors and trying to hide it somewhat. i live with 3 other ppl and have no closet in my room. i am forced to start this project ina 28" deep x 34" high x 24" wide enclosed area in my computer desk. Shit sucks, but i hate paying for it so i have to work with it. my question is should i line the entire "box" with aluminum foil or just the sides? also, i am having trouble finding which seeds will be best fitted some a small space, was thinking some white widow buds or some bv-bbs, any advice? - sm0ak:smoke:

2. You can either line the entire inside or paint it flat white.

As for plant strains, low rider, actually any, it will only grow as tall as the pot its in would allow, for that size grow area i would stick to 3 gallon pot.

What are you planning on using for lights?

3. yea, but are you thinking about not only the pot size taking away from the height, but also the lights, i am going to have to make my plants flower at 14-18/19in. therefore i want some of the best quality that can handle that short season and still pack a punch. make sense?

4. i was up at the local flower store, they are selling a set up 3 24in, dont member wattage, of flourescent, um, rasises up and down on pulleys, so i can get light close aas possible seeing as i am only growing 1/2 plants, hoping to sprout 3/4, 1/2 female. strickly personal use, just sick of paying for it.

5. lights will not take up grow height, simply mount them vertically in the corners.

use 2 ft flourescent tubes of the highest wattage (40w) and make sure they are
    daylight bulbs (6500k color temp)

6 inch pot will only take up 6 1/2 inches of height.

34 inches high will be fine, plus you can always train your plant to stay low.

i would suggeswt 4x 2ft flours, one in each corner to have 360 degrees of light
    all the way around the plant from top to bottom.

6. how would you go about putting a fan in it, its a small box that i want to have closed most of the time when i am at work. and i know ventalation = key! plus i dont want the smell to leak to bad so how would ido some cardon filters?

7. Backing on computer desks are usually think 1/8 inch thick pressed board.. simply cut a hole at the top most part of your grow area and mount a pc fan inside, and make some 1 inch holes at the bottom to allow fresh air to enter, fan should be sucking air out of the box....

From there you can devise a way to mount your carbon filter.

8. which seeds would you prefer, i would like white widow or bc-bb