Setup questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BradGrows, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey, so I don't know anyone who actually grows and I have no practical experience. I'm setting up a grow room right now and it's almost done, but I have questions about yield. I have a roughly 8ft squared area to grow and a p600 Platinum LED light that I plan to use through veg and flower. My questions are how many plants would I be best off growing and if I get through a couple ounces a month would this grow room be enough to self sustain?

2. Unless you're planning on growing only autos, you're going to need two separate spaces and two sets of equipment, and around 3-5 plants at a time, in a perpetual grow..

3. How big would the veg room need to be?

4. I have a 2x4 veg and a 4x4 flower which I'm rapidly growing out of. I'd say atleast two 4x4 sections.

5. Put it this way, 2 plants in week three of flower have filled my 4x4

6. Are you doing any kind of plant training? I planned on getting creative with a screen and a lot of creative LST. What sort of yield are you projecting for your grow?

7. I do it all. Topping, super cropping, LST, FIM, you can check out my grow journals if you want, I just posted them actually. I'm hoping for 3-5 oz per but not sure.

8. Stealth is a fairly big concern for me and I don't really have the space for perpetual. I might just grow out the seeds I have and see what sort of yields I get from it. If it's not viable I'll probably just scrap the whole grow area and try something else it's only like 5"2' from floor to light anyway

9. If you sog, scrog, or LST. Height shouldn't be that big of a problem.

10. I might see if I can scrog a couple plants and find somewhere to veg. I'm basically doing this in a 4x4 insulated shed but I figure I need the floor space for a heater, dehumidifier and electrics

11. Ok I see. I would strongly suggest autos then, because you don't have to have separate rooms or light schedules no matter what stage the plant is at. You can have vegging and flowering plants In the same room.

12. Okay so I was researching and I found a 7x5 shed with a height of 6ft 6in. It has a centralized door so if I sectioned off a veg room on the left and a flowering room on the right with some reflective sheeting or even separate grow tents would that be more viable?

13. That would work as long as you don't have light leaking into the flower side if your not using tents.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you're just using Mylar sheeting make sure it's leakproof

15. Out of interest, I have a 400w HPS light sitting around. Would that make a noticeable difference to amount of bud

16. You only need one room, but you will have a lot of product every 3 months (4week big 8week flower strain). If you have 2 rooms you will have half the amount of product every 6 weeks. Better off with one room. I'd recommend hps lighting as they keep the heat up without needing heaters and they are very cheap to buy. Don't bother reading advanced growing techniques yet until you have some experience under your belt. Learn the basics first. 2 plants in 30 litre pots could yield the same as 12 plants in 5 litre pots it's all about finding the sweet spot. I personally put 2 plants in 30l pots under 1 600w hps if that helps the yield of the two plants is over 600g which is over half a kilo.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I always use tents as even the cheap ones are extremely lightproof. With secret jardin and budbox they really are 99% lightproof

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah man so in the mindset to go for a 600w HPS with a dimmable ballast as I think it would be a lot better for the situation I'm in. I was just paranoid about fires. I would have gone grow tent but my space isn't high enough for one particularly. Maybe down the road but for now I think I'll be fine with blackout mylar. I'm gonna have a centralised 3x3 scrog frame and maybe upgrade to a 3.5x3.5 later unless theres anything glaringly wrong with that?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Like I said the grow room is only just nearing completion so nothing's set 100%

20. Sounds good, as long as there's adequate ventilation you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1