Setup Questions With Pic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dirty Jerzey, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hey everyone. Take a look at my current project. Just picked up a 400 watt hps light yesterday. I need some help wit figuring out the correct orientation of my buckets to get te most out of it

Attached Files:

2. Sorry for the orientation mishap. Stupid phone. I started this project with custom CFL hoods I made.

3. tough flowering 2 full size plants under 400w. just rotate your buckets regularly

4. Get a second 400.

5. I most likely won't be picking up another and making this work. Next run I'll be flowering earlier and training to work with it. As well as supplimenting with cfl's. But if I spun the light 90 degrees. Would the light throw be more suitable?

Maybe, you have good looking plants which will obviously outgrow your lights, I take back what I said and you are going to need a 600W light. run both for  flowering.

You could use a 1,000 for flower and use the 400 for a veg room.

You will never have enough light I have 5,200 in HID and another 600 in floros.

You have a green thumb, may as well run with it.

7. I can't tell how the bulb is oriented in that hood. A horizontally mounted bulb will throw out sort of a rectangled footprint. Light comes out the sides of the bulb..so if the blub is pointing towards you when you open the door then the light has a wide foot print, side to side..know what I mean? A squared hood reduces this a little...but you'll still get stronger light to the sides, rather then front and back....adjust accordingly to the shape of the box....which I also can't tell the shape of.

as said, looks like that area could use a bigger light...the cfls aren't doing too much compared to if you consolidated all that wattage into more hps energy. Also your cfls look a little blue like 5500k/daylight or w/e ....which is more optimal for veg growth.

8. Hi guys I got a problem can anyone solve inside grow tent temp 74 f humidity is 37% ?? Thanks advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sean that doesn't sound like a problem. 

you should start your own thread...it's kinda rude to piggyback in someone else's thread.