Settling in for the night with the dark side of the moon first time listen

Discussion in 'General' started by Ychrimbo, Feb 3, 2014.

1. So here it is I bought a new sound system for my TV today, decided to treat myself to an album I have wanted to pick up for a while Dark side of the moon! 

Never listened to the album before, have a brilliant sound system, brilliant music (from what I have been told) and 3 grams of nice smokables! 

Wish me luck boys and girls

Chrimbo out for now!

2. May I suggest adding The Wall into your repertoire also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB9Z21Yo7dg&feature=player_detailpage

And if you want another relaxing and amazing album, check out On an Island by David Gilmour (the guitarist from pink floyd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4khD2Yd01-c&feature=player_detailpage

Either way, can't go wrong with Dark Side of the Moon. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Congrats on the new purchase.

3. I shall defiently give them a listen, i had a power outage for the last 20 minutes which is a bit of a downer but im back up a running now! 

4. I still remember my first time on it-shall-not-be-named-here, and that album was BEAUTIFUL to me that night. Good memories.

5. Very rare you find someone who listens to an album in its entirety.

Bravo, sir.

Bravo.
    :D

6. holy shit is the wall really 2.5 hours? I never realized lol

7. No it's 1 hour 21 min 9 sec according to wiki. They must have played it twice in that video.

8. Thanks for all the suggestions my fellow blades! defiently enjoyed the album defiently in my top 3 didnt find it as mind altering etc as some people claimed but defiently worth a second listen tonight in my opinion! all in all defiently a 10/10 

9. A sound system. That sounds like a nice addition to an atmosphere. I may invest in something similar.

10. Lucky. I would love to go back and listen to the whole album for the first time again

11. I think I was tasting colors the first time I heard that album.
    It only took you what, 40 years?

12. breathe, breathe in the airrrrrrr

13. Enjoy. That album takes me on a journey :)

14. haha not quite that long! 

dont get me wrong it was a brilliant album! im not complaining at all! it just didnt get me to 'that' point!

15. find a lossless version that's 5.1 surround and you will cream.