Setting up my 1st grow tent (4 X 2) with 400w HPS and first grow journal

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Aragorn420, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Sup! I come from a landscaping/lawn-cutting background (helped support myself thru college that way) so being a longtime 420 daily user (medical) I've finally made the first important purchases for my stealth grow tent setup.

I ordered a 400W HPS kit for around $125 (I DID NOT ORDER THE optional MH CONVERSION BULB - I WILL ONLY HAVE THE 400W HPS but I think its a special bulb included) and the tent for around $80 (4 by 2 by 5 feet):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When they arrive, I will post again. Anyone with a similar confiration, please feel free to let me know what else I will need and can benefit from. Thank you!

2. You need a carbon filter If your worried about smell

3. hey man I started 8 months ago with the same setup, I now have 2 4 by 4 tents, and I flower in a 5 by 5. but I had the same 2 by 4 with a 400w, I ended up having to use a portable air conditioner, but you should check out how it went I have it on youtube..... Pedenergy....user name

4. Could you please suggest a carbon filter (value)? At what stage in the grow will I need it? I intend to flower early because my tent is not very tall and the light will prolly be hot.

Also - I intend to purchase from Nirvana. Is it true that their Bubblelicious and Northern Light strains have relatively lower odour?

5. you'll wont have to worry about the smell, not with a 2 by 4, but I would probably recommend a max fan with 3 or adjustable speeds built in, it will get crazy hot in there.

6. I wish I had the room for one of those tents! 4 x 2 is the biggest I could do!

I thought 150w might not be enough for really top notch buds in a space 4 by 2 and when I saw the 400w on sale for over a hundred I grabbed it up.

7. Maybe I shoulda gotten a 250w, but the 400w was the same price as the 250w.

8. UPDATE: Thanks to the advice I've gotten on this site, I contacted the company I bought the 400W light above from and switched my order to a 250W with a cooltube w/wings. I'll be keeping the 4 X 2 tent. Thanks for help - I'm going to drop this thread and start a new one (journal) for my first grow.