Setting Up for Decent Yields

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SolemnOS, Feb 5, 2018.

1. I'm in need of help with a 300ish budget to set up a grow room. I've found the tent 36x36, 1200 watt led, 3 gallon cloth pots, and white Widow auto seeds but I'm having issues.

How much might I expect with 1200w?
    Is it too much or too little?
    Is the grow tent the right size?

2. What are you shooting for as far as yields? How many plants are you planning on growing at once? How much do you smoke in a day? I assume that’s a led light your talking about, what brand is it and what are the true watts? I’ve heard some blueberry autos are huge yielding. What’s the height of the tent 5 ft?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I made the mistake of buying cheap led lights I bought 5 x 1000 watt actual wattage 110 wat each I soon changed to hps 660 watt x5

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I'm aiming for 1lb between six plants. I smoke an ounce a month but I have relatives that enjoy edibles for pain.

Light
    HollandStar LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 1000 Watt/1200W for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (1200W)

Tent
    CoolGrows Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (32"x 32"x 64")

Seeds from ILGM it's their starter kit with nutrients and 20 WW seeds

Most of all I'm trying to stay under 400 but I don't want a bad light and ideally I'd like to grow 10 and maybe get around 2+ pounds if that's even realistic.

5. Not sure about the light choice have you looked into quantum boards

6. Better off getting a pound off 2 plants than trying to off 6 as you will get more light coverage do some training like topping and then maybe SCROG and you will get better results than 6 jammed in plants. And like old mate said not sure about that light either but if he's true watts are around 700 then that's the best price light I have seen.

7. OK so i read they are around 350w each would need 2 of them or one more expensive better one - the light is everything you can skimp in other places

8. I feel like leds in most cases bring out better quality bud not yield unless the light is huge. Hps will get you yield have u considered running a mixed spectrum? Best of both worlds and gaining popularity. You’ll just have to bump up ventilation and fine tune your environment. A lot to think about co2 would be another option when growing a pound. If I wanted a pound I’d go dwc with a scrog.

9. Take a look at my pics I use 5 x 1000 watt for veg only they are crap and I use 5 x 660 watt hps for flower in my flower tent I have two tents

10. I'm such a novice at this. I grew an ounce of mid grade stuff between four plants to see if I really wanted to invest in growing. My set up was trash and my plants suffered dehydration and heat damage so I wanted to do it right this time. Could I get a HPS that could help yield a lb a plant?

I'm not sure how much wattage I need per plant to get significant yields for what was stated in the site I bought the seeds from. They claimed a max around 350g but I wanted to grow at least four but if that means stepping outside of my budget I'm willing to do two to start with.

11. Your tent is less is 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft? You will not be able to grow more than 1 plant in there. Six will not work. Also, you will not need that much light wattage for that size tent. You will need air circulation and heat extraction so u will need to look at fans for circulation and exhausting your heat. Especially if u plan on running 1200 led watts in a small tent. I suggest maybe a bigger tent. Possibly a 2 ft x 4 ft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Don’t let it get to ya man it all comes with time homework and experience. I researched growing for 2 years before I started and when I did I started with a decent set up and bag seeds killed my 1st plant hermied my 2nd wasn’t successful till my 3rd grow thought about giving up a few times but didn’t. Just do homework start small with lower expectations and you’ll work your way up to a pound. A lot of people on here make it look easy but they been doing it for along time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. What would you recommend as far as wattage and space for four plants?

14. To some extent I didn't even have a hard time but I couldn't afford the set up and it's where I'm having the most troubles in general.

15. 4 plants get a 4x4 tent with minimum 700-800 tru watts for a good yield.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So roughly 4sqft per plant @200 watts each? Would 1200 watts be overkill? Here's the light I've found

It also has a switch that allows more of certain colors to stimulate growth during vegetative and flowering

17. to do 6 plants right with big yield it will cost you more like 1.5 to 2k for everything... you see the bigger you want your grows the more it costs. you did not mention anything about air circulation and exhaust they are very important you want to get the heat out and a couple fans to circulate air I have one on the floor moving air around the pots and under the canopy and a couple on top moving air around it helps cool but also help keep mold away

if you are going to use such a small tent then I would not put any more than 2 plants in there

• Agree Agree x 1