Setting up First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by High as Space, Sep 23, 2010.

1. #21 High as Space, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks for the reminder, I just got an email back from the guy at my hydro store and he said the elf filter is rated for 150-265 cfm.

So as long as Tihspeed is correct i should be good. I believe that if smell is going to be a problem after getting this setup, building 2 of these should fix it.
    Do you guys think this setup will cause my tent to overheat?

2. #22 dmtudder, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    HIDHut.com has 400 WATT switchable HPS/MH ballast and reflector for 189.00 I bought it and I love having Metal Halide for vegitative and HPS for flowering!!!

3. [quote name='High as Space']Thanks for the reminder, I just got an email back from the guy at my hydro store and he said the elf filter is rated for 150-265 cfm.

I didn't say to check the CFM on the filter i said check the CFM on the fan although info on the filter is always good to know

4. #24 High as Space, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    He said "I have fan 2 models to chose from both are 160 cfm, the elf filter is rated
    for 150-265 cfm."
    so either fan that he has would work for the filter. I think im in good shape for odor and temps :hello::hello:

5. dude. Redid my math
    34.375 cubic feet in your grow
    103.125 for air removal
    206.25 with carbon scrubber. Get the six inch and fan speed controller. Problem solved. Sorry bro. Hope you get this. Or take you four inch back

gonna pm you

6. It is a different tent. Not by much. But still. It changes the size of the fan. Take lots of pics when you put stuff together

7. Could you teach me the math on this one for I can explain to the guy at the store?

8. You guys think i could pull over a pound off of four plants in a 2.5 x 2.5 room with a 400w HPS?

9. Well man that is a pretty small space you have to work with there, but according to the grams per watt formula you should be able to pull off about 14 o/z once you get every thing dialed in and you know what you are doing.... I wouldn't try and grow 4 plants in such a small place you should go with 2 plants, the number of plants is not really a limiting factor the power of your sun is... With such a small space and so much plant mass cramed into such a small space im thinking humidity could quickly become an issue for you. For this reason i would do as tih said and go with an over sized fan filter combo with a fan speed controler so you have some room to work with if you need extra ventilation.

10. #30 High as Space, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    well i wanna try a scrog to really max my yeild. and yes humidity could be a problem.
    I just went out and bought my setup (everything but the light) and will be putting it together tonight. I also just placed my order on attitude. Heres what i got.

1 DNA Genetics Kushberry Fem.
    1 Soma Seeds NYC Diesel Fem.
    1 Barneys Farm Red Dragon Fem.
    1 Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush Fem.
    1 Greenhouse Seeds Hawaiian Snow Fem.
    1 Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze Fem.
    1 Serious Seeds AK-47 Fem.
    1 DNA Genetics LA Confidential Fem.
    1 DNA Genetics Cataract Kush Fem.
    UFO #2 DNA Genetics Lemon Skunk Fem.
    UFO #1 DNA Genetics Sour Cream Fem.
    UFO #3 DNA Genetics Sharksbreath Fem.
    UFO #4 Reserva Privada Cole Train Fem.

What do you guys think would be the best to scrog for my first grow?
    Im thinking of doing a 4 way LST to scrog of AK47, vanilla kush, and super lemon haze. can you do that to the super lemon haze or whats the best way to grow it?