Setting Up a Grow Room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zoomers, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Im going to set up a grow room in my utility basement. As of now it is filthy. I am just moving in and the floor is cement, the walls are board with probably 5 holes in em leading to the dirt. There is also a crawl space which probably allows access to bugs and mice. Downstairs will be our laundry room, our furnace room, and our water heater room.

Can i make this a good grow room>? I can board up most of the holes to restrict access to critters, and disinfect with a bleach spray or something but it will always be pretty dirty downthere.

will this room work or will i have to build an individual box down there for growing?

thanks in advance

2. Well you have a few options. Depending on how much space you have you could set-up a veg chamber and a flowering chamber. Or if you're looking for a single room type system you could use the room or set-up a "hut" inside. You really have a large versitile space available and would be nice to see what you decide to do. Get everything all cleaned up and boarded up and post pics so the community can give you better ideas.

3. thanks for the quick response.
    i will be setting up both a vegetation and a flowering area. Both will probably be 4 plants, maybe 6. I have a 400w HPS light for flowering and i dont yet have a vegetation light. I will get a blue spectrum light bulb, maybe 250w?

As for pictures i wont be moved in and settled for 2-3 weeks, but i will post pictures.