setting up a grow, need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blazeallday, Feb 28, 2007.

1. okay well first off i need to find out how i can get max yield from my plants if i veg them for 5 months. It is a long story about why i have to do this but i need to keep the plants height down to 7 feet or so, so that they fit in my room. Should i LST or top them? What will keep the plants height down and what will give me max yield. Also how much space do you think i will need to set aside for each plant. Is 1 square foot per plant too small for this long of a veg period? I am using a 600watt light.

thanks guys :smoke:

2. why are you vegging for that long? and do you plan on getting other lights because 1 600 wat light under several 7 foot tall plants in my opinion wont cut it.

3. well i am growing them in a space that is about 8 feet tall, i want to keep them as small as possible for the amount of time vegging is going on. I decided on Blueberry from dutch passion but the thing is i cant trigger flowering until august which is why i am in a dilemma. I will living in another city during the summer months and a friend is taking care of them.

4. dude unless you have some side lighting, 600w hid will not penetrate 7' down. and may i ask why in the hell your gonna veg that long? it's not nessecary. even vegging for 90 days would result in a huge plant, and a 7' tall plant would be root-bound in anything but a 20 gallon pot. are you growing in a closet, a cab or a whole room? what are the measurements on said grow space? need some more info on your area please.