Setting up a closet.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GreenGryphon, Sep 20, 2009.

1. I just moved into my first place, and I have a huge closet attached to my bedroom.

I want to set up 2 plants with some HPS lighting using some bagseed I have. I've never done this before, but I think I have the essentials (I'm not doing anything too fancy).

I will be getting 2 75 watt HPS lights, various pots for different heights, an oscillating fan for ventilation, a thermometer, organic soil, and a 20-20-20 fert.

I really don't see anything that I may be missing. I scrounged the boards, and to be honest the stickies were helpful, but left me with unanswered questions.

Will this simple thing even work? I've grown plants outside before, but nothing like this.

2. i would recommend just buying one 150 watt hps. it will probably be cheaper than two. besides that youre going to need an actual exhaust fan. I grow in closets my self and unless you have a steady stream of air out of the closet your setup will get way too hot. 150 watts isnt too much heat but i still think youll need a pretty efficient vent system. besides that sounds like youre on the right track. best of luck to you

3. Thanks Buddha.

What would be a decent way to set up the ventilation? Also, if I mounted the light on a wall of the closet where I could adjust it as the plants need, do you think that would be an appropriate way to sun my babies?

4. I cut into my main Central A/C, and ran a 6" duct to my closet. I also have a 4" duct into my HPS (150w) and a 4" out. That just keeps me in the zone. I've upgraded my light to a 600w, So i'm now installing bigger fans to keep it cool.

Just remember that cooling and ventilation are going to be your biggest problems when growing in a closet.