Setting up a carbon scrubber in Growtent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sachidananda, May 1, 2013.

1. Ok, so I finally shelled out the dough on one of these bad boys. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to do some rigging and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Here are some pics of the set up (forgot to photo new fan--will do so later, it's just a run-of-the-mill. The fan photographed is a small intake/circulate fan I use). Thoughts and suggestions are welcome, because I really do need some help. I've got some zip ties, s- brackets, and chain (like my lights are up with). I'm hoping that I can use the tent's sleeve inlue of buying an air duct thingy.

Attached Files:

2. Attach the fan to the filter and toss that bitch up in the tent! i would suggest bungee cord if you go with hanging. It absorbs some of the vibration of the fan on the filter... Do you have any ducting?

3. no I guess I'm going to have to get some. couldn't i just use the "sleeve" once I invert it again (the one that's built-in)?

4. aight, so i'm in the process. it's goin' good, but i'm wondering how the rest is going to go..lol....anybody out there? :hello:

Attached Files:

5. Im about to install one man, im planning on a cooltube also. Im gonna put the filter in the tent run 6" aluminum duct hosing from filter > cooltube > out tent to >fan "outside of the tent venting the air thru the tent. Also leave 1 of the bottom vents open for passive intake and you'll be good to go.

6. yea, it seems simple enough, but the angle is weird. i don't want it to be incredibly inefficient or anything.

7. I feel ya man, You got the 4" or 6" ? I wen't with 6" and added a speed controller cause i heard the noise is an issue for alot of poeple.

8. yea, mine's a 4". I'm thinking eventually i'll get a controller, because it does seem a tad loud. however, i've got the room inside a room inside a room thing going on, so i'm not that worried about it.

9. ok, got 'er up!

now i've really got to see about getting some ducting. is it ok to have some big turns in my ducting? :S

10. ........

Attached Files:

11. ...perhaps I should just cut of the elbow of that hole! perfect Idea, this plus some ducting and we're definitely in the biznass.