Setting up a brand new indoor grow!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pyroxide, Nov 21, 2010.

1. So the goal is minimal cost, after a few outdoor grows resulting in devastation (not due to the growing process) we're moving indoors.

Initially outdoor growing attracted us due to the easy nature of it, care for the plants, check the PH, a little soil care and easy.

But with indoor and a bit of back reading I'm finding it a little hard to get all the specifics.

Any help from the pros would be appreciated and once we've got it set up I'd like to have a nice process journal on here highlighting a grow for cheapskates.

So while it's cheap, I also don't want to sacrifice the quality of the product.

Looking at about three plants that would produce around 15 oz per three months - what dimensions should we be building a grow box at to cater to the height of the plants to produce that yield presuming that the conditions are decent? (Thinking a white widow/northern lights blend.)

Due to cost I don't think Hydro is the go, so pottery has its attractions.
    If anyone knows the must have tools for this it would be much appreciated, such as how many lights, if a humidifier is needed (due to dry and hot conditions assuming around 28-35 degrees) and what sort of ventilation would be required. Smell isn't an issue and in that case building a coal based deodorizer on the air outlet wouldn't be too complicated.

So necessary items generally are preferred and while worm castings and nutrients are plentiful, cheaper blend ideas would be very appreciated.

I'll continue my research as time goes on but if you guys have advice you don't mind sharing it would be very appreciated. For the moment though dimensions are definitely priority.