set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, May 10, 2017.

1. 2.5x2.5 space. what do you think of 5 plants under a 400 watt hps system with wingreflector. 1 in middle and 4 around it, with 4 cfl lamps around the outside?

2. 5 plants in 2.5x2.5? Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. autoflowers, pretty small strains. considered "short". will lst if needed. think it's possible?

4. 5? No. 3... Maybe.. but that's pushing it in that size space honestly

5. just so i understand better, why? 3 gallon pots, with small plants. i've put the pots in there and there's still enough space for two or so people to stand in there with them. is the problem that they'll spread out too much even tho they're small strains? there's plenty of space for them to grow upward, like 9 feet.

6. I agree with Pistils man, 3 plants is plenty in a tent that size. Why autos btw? Id do feminsed indicas and scrog in that space personally if it was me. Also a 400 hps will generate some heat in a space that small, be prepared to have adequate ventilation or you could be in for some heat problems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They'll likely grow wider than the diameter of the pots for starters. What strain is it?

8. autos because ill get a harvest every month and a half with the strains im growing. i've got two going right now, but i really was hoping to be able to add more next grow because it looks as if a lot of space is not being utilized. i figured i could put at least 2 more plants.. i was thinking the only problem might be that i wouldn't have enough light, so i thought to add the cfls. but shit, guess not.

9. What strains are you growing?? 4 plants in that space will be to much, especially since you cant flip them to flower and control how big they get. You could put loads of plants in there and do a sog set up, but thats the only way I'd consider doing more than 2 or 3 in a space that size. Any pics of your set up with the plants in that space? Even with 2 plants in there I find it hard to imagine theres a lot of space not being utilized

10. damn, thought i read that they don't really like to grow much wider then the width of the pot unless you train them that way. right now i've got a crystal meth and a skunk #1. the skunk is short but the crystal meth is considered medium. (70-120cm) however my next grow i was going to go with

11. #11 chasejordon, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    hit send too soon. going to go with some red posion, kings kush and maybe some anubis. all auto they can get up to 100cm.

12. i'd probably be growing one skunk #1, maybe a crystal meth if this grow goes okay, and either kings kush, anubis, or red posion. they all won't get more then 100cm, if they even get that, according to website. except the crystal meth.
    it's a shower, ha. unfortunately i don't have any pictures of the set up but i can send some later when i'm there if you'd still be willing to help.

13. I only looked up one of the strains you mentioned, but from what I saw you might be able to get away with it. I think having one in the middle would block out a lot of light to the other 4 plants tho, since many people don't trim the lower bud sites on autos it may actually be more beneficial to have less plants so that they all get plenty of light, also saves you a seed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. here's the space

Attached Files:

15. I don't grow autos bro so I don't think I ll be much help to you. The reason being is I dont like the fact I cant control when I want to flip them to flower, so I have less control over my plants and grow space. From what I've read to you cant lolipop autos and they dont react as well to training, another reason I steer clear. I scrog and lolipop all my grows and I wont grow any other way now. If you want to keep some updates in this Ill follow along and try help you the best I can.

For your next grow Id do fem seeds and pack the tent and do a short veg time if your concerned about wasting space. That way you can control exactly how big the canopy will get, and with numerous plants you will have a short veg time. Out of curiosity how many days does it take you from seed to harvest with autos??

16. around 60-90 days depending on strain

• Like Like x 1
  17. You should try them some time, it's amazing how quickly they grow.

18. My first grow ever I used autos but that was many years ago. I'd like to try them again but Im unsure. I dont have long veg times as I use 4 plants in a 1sq M tent and I start them as seedlings in a separate tent which further saves some time. I also like to lolipop and scrog, is that possible with autos? I dont like the fact you cant control how big they can get.

19. Some people do train autos, scrog/lst isn't really an issue with them, but i personally wouldnt top or lollipop them. You'd get more harvests every year using autos.
    I have 2 plants vegging in the same tent that my autos are flowering in, planning on flipping to 12/12 when they're finished.

• Like Like x 1