Set up orderd :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stayingcalm, May 28, 2015.

1. So got everything orderd from amazon at a price of £177 wich i bought 300w led light a carbon filter . Reflective insulation . Thermometer . Ph tester . Ph up and down . And some feedings and a fan . Could anyone lead me in right dorection of a soil to use and what seeds would be good for beginner so excited !

2. Fox Farms Ocean Forest is what I was told to get............so I go pay $40 for a bag............
    TWICE they got an inch tall and died so I dont know what to say

3. Look into soilless mix its peat moss perlite vermiculite works great for both beginner and experienced grower

4. Don't germinate your seeds in the soil.. Even after they sprout they shouldn't get nutes for a bit.. After the plant establishes itself then put into your soil.

Notice: None of this is real. For entertainment purposes only. In fact, I'm not sure I'm even real.

5. You can try Roots Organic soil.. That's what I'm currently running ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432815999.999483.jpg

Notice: None of this is real. For entertainment purposes only. In fact, I'm not sure I'm even real.

6. And how much is this a bag mate thankyou

7. my 6 plant's started from seed in FFOF and loved every second of it. Been feeding ff trio as well. It's about time to chop em down and still havent been burned once. 

8. damn your getting raped on that ffof. i go to my local greenhouse/nursery and it's like 22 bucks a bag per 1.5 cubic feet lol. i bought 5 bags and trio nutes for like 156 bucks lol 

9. #9 CFLConnoisseur, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Germinate in paper towel, then try a soilless mix like Promix HP or Sunshine Mix #4. No nutrients needed until week 2, sometimes even further. Pay attention to the plant and feed when necessary. 

Also, pick up a hygrometer. Most people fail their first grow because they fry the poor seedlings. Ensure your humidity and temps are in check.

No need for fancy overpriced soil really. 3.8 CF of Promix is around $28, and most places will sell you a half bale for around $15. It is very beginner friendly, drains well and very well aerated. Has dolomite lime in it to buffer PH and provide calcium + magnesium. You can use the $3 nutes from walmart. People make growing way more complicated than it has to be buying $40 soil and $150 in nutrients.

You can spend even less and mix it yourself:

3.8CF bale of peat: $7
    bag of perlite: $5
    lime (you only need about 4 tablespoons): $5

$17 for 3.8CF of PH buffered, calcium + magnesium enriched soilless mix. Much better than $40 for only 1.5CF of fancy soil.